Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to make double booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2016, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Hi experts,
I plan to book an award Y seat ICN-HKG-SGN , and an additional J seat for HKG-SGN, I will not use the 2nd leg of the Y seat (HKG-SGN) but to use J ticket instead. Will CX even allow be to book for this scenario in the first place?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:11 pm

Why would you want to do that?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

LOL... becuase i really want to try CX J and visit the new PIER lounge, but not enough miles, and I have vietnam passport , no HK visa.
If i book ICN-HKG , HKG-SGN separatly, I wont be able to board the first leg because i heard the system check for valid visa before issue ticket right?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by hondaman82
LOL... becuase i really want to try CX J and visit the new PIER lounge, but not enough miles, and I have vietnam passport , no HK visa.
If i book ICN-HKG , HKG-SGN separatly, I wont be able to board the first leg because i heard the system check for valid visa before issue ticket right?
So long as you have a valid confirmed ticket ex HKG to SGN, you can travel to HKG on a oneway ticket... as long as you can prove you are not landing in HK and will remain in transit, no issues.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
You do know this is a serious violation of the T&Cs of any airlines, right?

Many people got banned for life simply for free-riding the lounges.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by garykung
You do know this is a serious violation of the T&Cs of any airlines, right?

Many people got banned for life simply for free-riding the lounges.
Read his post again. He plans to use the J ticket from HKG-SGN. He just doesn't have enough miles for the whole thing in J.
Hi experts,
I plan to book an award Y seat ICN-HKG-SGN , and an additional J seat for HKG-SGN, I will not use the 2nd leg of the Y seat (HKG-SGN) but to use J ticket instead. Will CX even allow be to book for this scenario in the first place?
Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:00 am

Could it be more effective instead to buy the Y cash ticket ICN-HKG-SGN and use miles to upgrade the HKG-SGN sector? Or even just pay to upgrade it. I don't know the CX rules on upgrades.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Could it be more effective instead to buy the Y cash ticket ICN-HKG-SGN and use miles to upgrade the HKG-SGN sector? Or even just pay to upgrade it. I don't know the CX rules on upgrades.
I haven't check this specific case yet, but upgradable Y fares on CX are generally very expensive and upgrade with miles is normally a bad idea from Y to J regionally.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 5:22 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
no lounge or J class is worth the trouble you are going to go through.

in your case book on 2 seperate hkg sgn flight on same day.

so your Y leg of ICN HKG SGN book on 10pm CX719 connection, and issue ur business HKG SGN one way on 4pm cx 799 assuming you land to hk earlier than that... CX IT is smart enough to spot double booking on SAME flight but hopeless beyond that.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 5:22 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
double booking is possible. they hv the rights to axe your booking but it had never happened to me for the few times that ive done it
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Hi experts,
Worst idea of the day...

How are you going to go home (ICN)? Without using the Y HKG-SGN leg your return trip SGN-HKG-ICN will be invalid. You won't be able to use HKG-ICN leg....

Edit:

I saw you have a Vietnam passport... So you are originating from SGN? HKG-SGN is your last leg? If so why not consider to book another later time flight back to SGN? Unless originally you are already connecting to 721....
Old Oct 6, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: CX
A two hour flight will barely even allow you to "experience" the J away, provided the A359 even stick on the day of your flight.

Just fly on your Y ticket and redeem 9000 Asia Miles for a lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.