Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Miles Milestone

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2011, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Club Miles Milestone

Does CX give free upgrades to members whose club miles are reaching say 500K or 1M?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 3:47 am

Please use SEARCH function for this forum...

there is no written rule but there have been cases reported of 0.5MM, 1MM upgrades
Old Sep 11, 2011, 5:43 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
I also can confirm getting one at 750k club miles
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:10 pm

While CX publishes no such benefits, however, many people have attested to being op-up at certain milestones relation to their years with MPC or miles accumulated with MPC.

However, a reminder, please see this as a gift from MPC and not a god-given right. Hence, if you didn't get anything at these milestones (like I didn't get anything at my 5 year anniversary with MPC) please do not complain or make a fuss about it. It's a gift and not a right.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Exec Plat, AC Super Elite, DL Plat, NW Gold, CO Gold Elite, BA Gold, PR Elite,
Just crossed 2MM miles last month and on Friday received a FedEx at the office from the MPC. A 2000 HKD gift check for dinner at The Peninsula in Hong Kong. And unexpected, but nice token. As for an Upgrade??? Already had an F seat.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Just crossed 2MM miles last month and on Friday received a FedEx at the office from the MPC. A 2000 HKD gift check for dinner at The Peninsula in Hong Kong. And unexpected, but nice token. As for an Upgrade??? Already had an F seat.
No upgrade? This is unacceptable, even if you had an F seat. They should of upgraded you to sit on the pilot's lap. Call MPC and demand compensation for such injustice.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:17 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy

However, a reminder, please see this as a gift from MPC and not a god-given right. Hence, if you didn't get anything at these milestones (like I didn't get anything at my 5 year anniversary with MPC) please do not complain or make a fuss about it. It's a gift and not a right.
Sitting in lounge waiting for JFK-HKG flight in J... crossing the 500K miles mark. At check in I could see the agent's screen. Bad luck for me...there was reference to miles flown but the screen said "do not mention upgrade due to flight full."
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by bpk6h
Sitting in lounge waiting for JFK-HKG flight in J... crossing the 500K miles mark. At check in I could see the agent's screen. Bad luck for me...there was reference to miles flown but the screen said "do not mention upgrade due to flight full."
I am very curious to what the screen says now, although I've always suspected there are comments about the passengers on the screen and not just general info like flight number, etc. Ever since at ORD the agent told me that there's a special comment next to my name "upgrade Taipei to Hong Kong" I am curious to know now....

Too bad I don't plan to fly HKG-TPE route in a few months, wonder how long will that special comment stay valid...
Old Sep 17, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Update!...I clearly called the situation a bit too early even though twice I was told F was full. I had noticed at the lounge that the agent had a boarding pass for 11K by her computer. I requested that if that seat (11K) were to become available I'd really to like move (from 24K). About 5 minutes before boarding, the lounge agent called my name over the public address system. I arrived at the desk and she said, "well, I wasn't able to get you 11K...but I did get you 2D! " Once I on the plane, I noticed that 2A was empty so I moved. Not sure what happened to cause two seats to suddenly become available.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:28 pm

CX doesn't "give away" F seats as easily as J, and hold them to literally the very last minute.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:22 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
CX doesn't "give away" F seats as easily as J, and hold them to literally the very last minute.
Yes, especially for 77A/77D where there are plenty of J seats and only 6 Fs.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 7:50 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
CX doesn't advertise this but I'm sure the major milsestones are a good shot at free upgrade
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
No upgrade? This is unacceptable, even if you had an F seat. They should of upgraded you to sit on the pilot's lap. Call MPC and demand compensation for such injustice.
write a strong letter to CC and cc it to CX!
that would give you lifetime F when you want a plane ticket (dont even need to book lowest available bucket)
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:38 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Well we know what happened last time someone got upgraded to the cockpit...
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:14 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
Well we know what happened last time someone got upgraded to the cockpit...
was that a passenger? :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.