Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Change for Good - donating multi-currency change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA LT PLT 2MM+, Marriott Lifetime Platinum

I am moving away from HK but have a large amount of change from years of traveling across Asia. What is the best way to get rid of it at HKIA? Do check-in agents accept "Change for Good"? I could fill about a dozen change for good envelopes. Is seems silly to fly heavy change on a long haul flight for CX to fly it back to HK. That just uses a bunch of fuel.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:11 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Pasting below an email exchange on same question, and the feedback I got. There are donation boxes at the airport, air side.

Jane's Addiction:
I have a large amount of foregin currency change (approx. 5kg) that I would like to donate to Change for Good. Is it possible to donate this at a check-in desk at HKG on my next flight, or must I take it on the plane. Thanks.

Marco Polo:
Dear JA

Thank you for contacting us.

We appreciate your generosity. This is to let you know that there are no donation boxes situated at our check-in counters at Hong Kong International Airport.

Nonetheless, I have contacted Hong Kong International Airport's Customer Services team to check the location of the donation boxes in the airport. I have been told that there are donation boxes in the restricted area in Terminal 1. After you go through the security checks and immigration, you may take the escalator down to Level 6. The donation boxes face towards the escalator on Level 6.

If you would like to contact Hong Kong International Airport's Customer Services team directly for more information, you may call them at +852
2181 8888.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA LT PLT 2MM+, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
If you happen to go to TST in office hour (em...) there is a donation box in their ticketing office.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.