Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Kiev - cost of taxi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2016, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Radisson Blu Kiev - cost of taxi

I'm going to be spending a few days in Kiev at the Radisson Blu (the one at 22 Yaroslaviv Val Street, 01054 Kyiv). I contacted the hotel to see how much a transfer by car from Borispol airport would cost and they quoted me €59 one way which seems very steep...

I have been trying to find out how much a normal airport taxi would cost to see if it is significantly cheaper or not but haven't been bake to turn anything up on the net except warnings about being ripped off.

I don't speak Ukrainian although I can read and write in Cyrillic and speak a little Russian which I understand will be more widely spoken in Kiev by taxi drivers than English.

Just wondering if anyone has taken a taxi there recently?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
The Hryvnia was about 18:1 USD when I was there last year, now its dropped further to 26:1. A local would be able to get a freely available taxi outside of the airport terminal for about $6-8 I would figure. A tourist who understands the area and can ask, in Russian, how much (pronounced "Skull-ka") should be able to get it for less than $20. I paid about 250 Hryvnia for a similar length journey last year - when I was with a local, I think we paid 150 or so.

Cars are older, but are fine. I presume the 59 EUR car will be of higher quality with an English speaking driver. I had no issue doing it the local way by myself, very late at night, a couple of times

All of them speak Russian, very little Ukrainian in Kiev, from my experience. Pretty much if you speak Russian you are much less likely to get ripped off
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips pmarrsouth - very helpful.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
We were recently in Kiev (September 29-October 2) and used taxis three times.

A friend met us at arrivals so we do not have the taxi rate from the airport to our hotel. However, we left for the airport at 5:00 AM and the rate was 125 Hryvnia.

We paid by credit card for all three rides and each have properly posted.

The three rides had a combined total of about 12 USD.

We also used the smaller airport (IEV-Zhulany) that is closer to town.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
Why don't you use Uber? According to Uber Kiev, it's 190-230 UAH to/from the airport, which is less than 10/12 USD.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sch7458
Why don't you use Uber? According to Uber Kiev, it's 190-230 UAH to/from the airport, which is less than 10/12 USD.
That is a seriously good idea...!

I also came up with www.lingotaxi.com which also reduces the transfer considerably.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.