Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-Rewards Opinion Panel invitation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
e-Rewards Opinion Panel invitation

Today I received an email from Club Carlson with subject line as follows:

By Invitation Only

The text said that I'm part of an elite group getting an exclusive invitation to join e-Rewards Opinion Panel. Benefits include the following:

Earn e-Rewards currency for surveys

Help shape future products and services.

I'm supposed to get 500 bonus Gold Points for joining.

BTW, I'm a Red member with 0 points. I joined Club Carlson when there was some status match offer several years ago, but I haven't stayed in their hotels at all, never under my membership number and at best maybe twenty years ago.

If this is some genuine invitational customer panel, it seems very strange that I would be chosen for an invitation unless they need a control group.

OTOH, if this is another scam offering a few worthless points (for time doing random online surveys) that at best convert into useful program points or miles at an extremely unfavorable rate, then SHAME ON CARLSON for giving them my name and email address and for using the Carlson name in association with this venture.

Does anyone know anything about this?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
I don't know about Club Carlson being part of e-Rewards, but then I signed on with the Asia-Pacific site.

I use them to earn points for IHG Rewards Club, having earned about 12,000 in the last 18 months which convert into status points. They aren't a scam, but maybe someone else can let you know what the conversion rate to CC points is. For some people it's easier to earn dollars than others who get screened out.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
I don't know about the legitimacy of this offer, while I use e-rewards for Hilton Hhonors points, I do not see Club Carlson among the current list of available awards. It may be they have sold out what they had which happened with Hilton a little while ago. It could also be a scam. I would enquire further if you are interested. If it is legitimate, I have earned thousands of Hhonors points through this method.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:03 am

E-rewards is a legitimate site, and Club Carlson is definitely a partner of theirs. It's likely that this is a legitimate invitation, although I'm not sure what would have triggered it based on your travel history. The way e-rewards works is you get "invited" by one of their travel partners, and then based on which company invited you, you see certain options for redeeming for travel points.

For example, I signed up through an American Airlines invitation, and because of that, I can redeem for AA miles, but also a bunch of hotels (Club Carlson, Hilton, IHG, Choice) and a few other companies like GameStop, Hertz, Old Navy, etc.

If you sign up with Club Carlson, it's likely that you'll see CC as the ONLY hotel option, and you'll probably see AA and Southwest at least. In my case I don't see Southwest since I signed up through AA, and Southwest is a competitor of AA.

Overall, the surveys range from short & easy to long and involved. Depending on the length, you will get "rewards dollars" that can then be redeemed. For example, $25 can get you 500 AA miles, 1,000 Hilton points, etc. Different partners have different ratios. You're not going to get rich doing these but I usually try to bang out one or two over lunch at work if I have any opportunities pending. Then I redeem to top-off any travel balances I have.

There is actually a 159-page FT thread on e-rewards already in existence.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:51 pm

It's legit. I also recommend you read the extensive thread in the MilesBuzz forum.

The hotels and airlines you see are determined by who invited you. If you accept a Club Carlson invitation, I think you won't get any other hotel options but you will get a variety of airlines. Likewise, accept an invitation from Southwest Airlines and they will be the only airline, but their will be a variety of hotels.

I am a very old member and may have joined when the site first started. I get a number of hotels and airlines to choose from, but notably on the hotel side, not Starwood, Marriott or Hyatt, none of whom I believe participate.

The account can be useful for topping up or keeping an account alive. That's all I generally use it for.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:24 am

I signed up for this a few years ago through united. I started ignoring the emails after spending about 10 minutes on my first 2 surveys only to be told I wasn't eligible for the survey halfway through. Are they still like this? Or was this just an anomaly.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by nsummy
I signed up for this a few years ago through united. I started ignoring the emails after spending about 10 minutes on my first 2 surveys only to be told I wasn't eligible for the survey halfway through. Are they still like this? Or was this just an anomaly.
I think you mixed up with another one - I had the same experience - spent 10 minutes and got nothing.

E-rewards is different. Be careful - only redeem points to 1 account otherwise they might shut you down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.