Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold benefits?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2016, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Gold benefits?

Hi
If i booked travel through American Express travel, will I be entitled to Gold benefits at the Radisson Blu Zurich Flughafen?
Old May 25, 2016, 2:13 am

Usually bookings via American Express TA qualify for both Elite benefits and are point earning to my experience.
Old May 26, 2016, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
gEEE they dont even respond to their emails! (after 3 days) After my last excellent review on Tripadvisor Im reconsidering my next review about Radisson Blu ZRH Flughafen)! At least Swiss Int Airlines confirm their upgrades and allow premier customers (Senator hier) to choose preferential seats on F as well as C even when booked on other airlines (LH and UA ticket stock)
Old May 26, 2016, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by cbourl
gEEE they dont even respond to their emails! (after 3 days) After my last excellent review on Tripadvisor Im reconsidering my next review about Radisson Blu ZRH Flughafen)! At least Swiss Int Airlines confirm their upgrades and allow premier customers (Senator hier) to choose preferential seats on F as well as C even when booked on other airlines (LH and UA ticket stock)
You send them a mail asking for an free upgrade based on your status? Might not be well received... not European style to push/ask for free upgrades. You are happy if you get one and not demand it here

From the T&C:
Room upgrade is determined by the participating hotel depending on availability at time of check-in. Room upgrades vary by property and by room category, and may include a room in a preferred location, a room with a preferred view, or a recently renovated room. Concierge Elite members may be eligible for an upgrade to the next room category or to a standard suite, if available.
My upgrade quota as Club Carlson Concierge at check-in is about 90%, while as Gold is was closer to 25%. Too many Golds around...

Of course Swiss confirms an upgrade... you have to buy it (with miles, vouchers or cash) and you ticket get reissued. Very different thing.

Comparing advanced seat reservation to a hotel would be the option to choose any room of your liking in the booked room class. And seat reservations are not guaranteed and can change anytime for any number of reasons.

Last edited by fassy; May 26, 2016 at 4:49 am
Old May 26, 2016, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Well Just called them No Points earnd on Club Carlsson account but at least I get free Fruhstuck through Amex and its totally refundable and cheaper than Club Carlson rates! Room upgrade upon checkin is defintely possible upon checkin No more smoking rooms though - stayed last New Years 2016 and a nice smoking room was provided !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.