Search

Strange Survey for 1000 bonus points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Strange Survey for 1000 bonus points

Received this targeted email on my Club Carlson account

Club CarlsonSM would like to learn about some of your travel-related needs. We understand your time is valuable and would like to offer you 1,000 Gold PointsŪ for completing this survey. The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete and is open until November 23, 2015.

Please access the survey by clicking the button below containing your unique, one time URL:

No such offer for DH's account, yet.

The survey is about partnering certain famous health care provider to offer health-related support / information / emergency consultation, things like that, as a Club Carlson membership benefit.

Very strange for a hotel loyalty program to offer such thing.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, Happy. Will look for it. Nice as an expiry extender.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:45 pm

The devil is in the details. I agree that offering a hotline number offering health information 24/7 to elite-level members does sound odd.

However, if it's just available when staying at a Carlson hotel, it might make sense. It harkens back to a time when major hotels had doctors who made house calls. Or, would that be hotel room calls?

Perhaps Carlson Companies already provides this service for their employees through their health care coverage. If so, allowing elite-level guests to use the service while staying in a Carlson hotel probably wouldn't cost much and it's a unique benefit that no other hotel chain offers.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
But there are independent companies that offer what this sounds like, similar to, sometimes a part of, concierge contractors. Maybe Carlson and one are considering hooking up ... I haven't seen the survey yet.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firewind
But there are independent companies that offer what this sounds like, similar to, sometimes a part of, concierge contractors. Maybe Carlson and one are considering hooking up ... I haven't seen the survey yet.
Correct - the possible providers shown are Mayo Clinic, John Hopkins and Cleveland Clinic - all are well-known names. Survey initially showed a list of health care organizations, asked which names were familiar / trustworthy. Then proceeded with proposed benefits, how the member would perceive the "value" of the proposed benefits. Such benefits have nothing to do with staying at the hotel as it sounds like a subscription based hot line or website that you, as an elite member, could have access as benefit.

All in all, extremely odd survey. Husband's account does not get the offer.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 3:05 pm

Wife got the same survey on her CC account but I didn't on mine. I'd rather they focus on putting some of the value back in CC that they took out in the last year. I don't really see this as much of a value add.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Just got the email. Looks like it's Mayo.

But yeah, what a strange benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.