Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mystery Rate Increase?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Mystery Rate Increase?

I have a reservation with 2 nights booked with points and 2 nights paid coming up next month. At the time I booked, the 2for1 was still in effect, but there was also a $55 per night additional charge, which I'm okay with.

A few days ago, I rec'd a notice from AwardWallet that my rate had changed, so I looked on my CC account and that $55 is now $88. Weird. So I called CC yesterday, and the person I spoke with had NO idea why that happened but gave me an Issue # for an inquiry direct to the hotel.

I received my response from the hotel today, basically saying the charge isn't registered with them and suggesting it's a bank or credit card fee. ??? But, it's clearly still on my reservation and listed under Room Cost.

Does anyone have any experience with an unexplained rate change like this? I just don't want to show up and have to argue about an extra $33/night charge that no one can explain.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My 2 for 1 award stay for this weekend suddenly shows this:
Room Cost
Fri Jun 26, 2015 $17.00 USD
Sat Jun 27, 2015 $17.00 USD
Room 1 Points Redeemed 50,000 points
Room 1 Cost $34.00 USD
Estimated Taxes $0.00 USD
Estimated Additional Fees $0.00 USD
Total Estimated Cost for 1 Room
50,000 points $34.00 USD
My other 4 2 for 1 award stays in July, August and September don't have the same issue, yet. I'll report any issues as I encounter them.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
My 2 for 1 award stay for this weekend suddenly shows this:

My other 4 2 for 1 award stays in July, August and September don't have the same issue, yet. I'll report any issues as I encounter them.
Did the extra cost amount change from when you first booked it? Mine went from $55 to $88, and I look today and see it's not $81. ??!

Since I've already called and got nowhere with that route, I'm just printing out my initial booking with the $55 documented to bring with me. Hopefully they won't try to stick me with the extra charge.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I had a similar issue last year, with extra charges showing up on a bonus night reservation. Club Carlson told me that it was an internal accounting issue, and not to worry about it. No charged showed up when I checked in/out of the property. I don't know if it is the same situation, but if the hotel doesn't know what's going on, it seems feasible that it is a similar issue.

Last edited by whimsey21; Jul 5, 2015 at 9:59 am Reason: Misread earlier post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.