Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Hotel Barra, Rio - Is something wrong?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat

When I do a search online, I can find availability from now until May 26th. Every date after that (I even tried 6 to 12 months from now) shows no availability. The website says: "Hotel is not available for dates searched". Is this a mistake, will the hotel be closing?

What's going to happen to my reservation in August?

Side note: I saw a comment on TripAdvisor a month ago that said they heard it was moving back to Sheraton...

It's all a bit weird considering they just bumped it up to a Category 7 for the 1-June devaluation.
Old May 20, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
Atlantica Hotels International:
Dear Clients and Partners,

We inform that from May 27, 2015 will close our activities in the Radisson Barra Rio de Janeiro... All guests at the Radisson Barra will be automatically registered in our other projects in the country.

According to found the report of PANROTAS and PanHotéis portals, Starwood, through the Sheraton banner, will again manage the venture. The brand managed the hotel since opening to the entrance of Atlantica.
I think it's ridiculous there's a noticeable gap between when the reservation system under one name shuts down and when the replacement goes up. They're not only losing 100% of the revenue that would have been earned while closed, but they're driving future bookings elsewhere.
Old May 20, 2015, 3:37 am

We inform that from May 27, 2015 will close our activities in the Radisson Barra Rio de Janeiro... All guests at the Radisson Barra will be automatically registered in our other projects in the country.
I don't think that the Radisson Curitiba provides beach towels
Old May 20, 2015, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I don't think that the Radisson Curitiba provides beach towels
That might be overly optimistic, remember it's Atlantica not Radisson re-accommodating people. I'd rather be in an unexpected city than a dive with no standards, but I'm a bit of a drifter. I think I'm jumping ship to the Sofitel.
Old May 20, 2015, 6:56 am

Niiiiiice. All the sweat that went into stacking points to use next year at this hotel are up in smoke. Thanks alot CC...thanks alot.
Old May 20, 2015, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
Atlantica Hotels International:
Dear Clients and Partners,
Where did u get this note?

Also... what does it mean if I already made a booking for August using points?
Old May 21, 2015, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Where did u get this note?

Also... what does it mean if I already made a booking for August using points?
Places like this. You'll have to ask the hotel/management, but these situations frequently result in reservation cancellations and the return of the points used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.