Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Club Carlson Hotels Near Beach Drivable from NYC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver

Are there any Club Carlson hotels that are within a 3 hour drive of the NYC area and are also close to (preferably walkable) a beach, that would be a nice redemption for Summer? Lots of points to use and nowhere to go, and I want to do something with them before June 1.
Old May 5, 2015, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by yoshapman
Are there any Club Carlson hotels that are within a 3 hour drive of the NYC area and are also close to (preferably walkable) a beach, that would be a nice redemption for Summer? Lots of points to use and nowhere to go, and I want to do something with them before June 1.
The closest beach hotel I found was Virginia Beach. Based on pics and reviews on Tripadvisor, it's about a 3 star hotel but it has a great location, it's right on the beach.
Old May 5, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
I use awardmapper.com to find properties. Set your starting point location, search only for Club Carlson properties, then pan and zoom as desired.
Old May 5, 2015, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by jrjcopp
I use awardmapper.com to find properties. Set your starting point location, search only for Club Carlson properties, then pan and zoom as desired.
That's what I used to find the Va Beach property, lol.
Old May 5, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: Marriott- Platinum, IHG - Platinum, Hyatt - Globalist, CC - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, BW - Platinum S
Originally Posted by rtraveler
The closest beach hotel I found was Virginia Beach. Based on pics and reviews on Tripadvisor, it's about a 3 star hotel but it has a great location, it's right on the beach.
I would strongly recommend against staying at this property. Last year I booked for 2 nights and in the middle of the night I booked the nearest Hilton hotel and stayed there. Such a horrible place with damp smell. This will definitely rank in one of the worst places where I stayed.
Old May 5, 2015, 5:59 pm
Suspended

First off, VA Beach is not within a 3 hour drive of NYC and certainly not in the Summer, as it is at least a 6 1/2 drive at the best of times!

I would recommend either the Country Inn and Suites Queensbury in upstate NY where the beaches would be on beautiful Glenn Lake and nearby Lake George -- well he did not say the beach had to be on an ocean!! -- as well as being near the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark.

Perhaps also, one would consider the Radisson Providence Airport property that would be near the Rhode Island beaches of Newport, etc., as well as the Country Inn & Suites in Absecon, NJ which is near Atlantic City, NJ.

I also agree that award mapper would be one's best bet.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; May 5, 2015 at 6:09 pm
Old May 6, 2015, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by silverfalls
I would strongly recommend against staying at this property. Last year I booked for 2 nights and in the middle of the night I booked the nearest Hilton hotel and stayed there. Such a horrible place with damp smell. This will definitely rank in one of the worst places where I stayed.
I wasn't impressed with the TA reviews and pics but the location is hard to beat. It's on the beach. Although, it's more than a 3 hour drive, this was the closest beach hotel I found.
Old May 28, 2015, 6:44 am

I was reading the latest TA reviews on the Country Inn in Va Beach. It looks like the hotel is being renovated. All bathrooms have been renovated and other parts of hotel as well. I saw pics of the new bathroom and the old bathroom and it looks nice. Anyone stay here within the last month or two?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.