Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any reviews on Country Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:01 am
Original Poster

I searched and couldn't find any reviews on this forum so I wanted to know if anyone has stayed there? The Tripadvisor reviews are a bit mixed and pics look like it's a bit run down. I'm looking to burn by CC points and I'm looking for a CC hotel on/near the beach within a 10 hour drive from NYC, thanks.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I was there for 2 nights last summer. It is a fairly typical beach property- not especially nice, but right on the boardwalk so you have virtually immediate access to the beach. I thought the location was quite good, as it was a short walk to the various restaurants we wanted to try, and I could stand on my balcony and watch the kids playing on the beach down below. My recollection is that the property was a bit old and a little in disrepair; that said, I called in a few maintainance issues and most (though not all) were taken care of quickly and without fuss. Breakfast was regular country inn fare, though they ran out of several items the first morning and had not restocked the next day. The front desk didn't understand gold upgrades- I asked and they told me no upgraded rooms were available. I then pointed out the upgraded rooms for sale on the CC ap, and they went to confer with the manager, before offering me the upgrade.
Personally I'd probably try a different property next time, but I dont regret spending the points given the (excessively) high cost of beachfront properties, if you're looking for a beach vacation.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whimsey21
I was there for 2 nights last summer. It is a fairly typical beach property- not especially nice, but right on the boardwalk so you have virtually immediate access to the beach. I thought the location was quite good, as it was a short walk to the various restaurants we wanted to try, and I could stand on my balcony and watch the kids playing on the beach down below. My recollection is that the property was a bit old and a little in disrepair; that said, I called in a few maintainance issues and most (though not all) were taken care of quickly and without fuss. Breakfast was regular country inn fare, though they ran out of several items the first morning and had not restocked the next day. The front desk didn't understand gold upgrades- I asked and they told me no upgraded rooms were available. I then pointed out the upgraded rooms for sale on the CC ap, and they went to confer with the manager, before offering me the upgrade.
Personally I'd probably try a different property next time, but I dont regret spending the points given the (excessively) high cost of beachfront properties, if you're looking for a beach vacation.
Thanks for the info. The rates in the summer are about $300/nt and since I'm looking to burn my CC points due to the credit card free second night elimination. For 22k/nt, it looks like a good deal. This is also the closest CC beachfront property from NYC.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I think it is probably a reasonable way to burn your points and get a decent value, given that the other choices at VA beach will be similarly priced and probably not too much nicer. Not as glamorous as burning your points at one of the European city center properties, but I usually feel I have better choices in those locations than the Radissons, whereas the difference is likely to be small at VA Beach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.