Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Offered 186.18 points instead of $9.30 discount

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:00 am
Original Poster

I’m a gold member & spent 3 nights in Radisson Kathmandu as a part of a tour. After paid 6,140.42 NPR (~$62 US) for a restaurant bill using a credit card upon checkout, I mentioned about 15% discount which was a part of gold perks (was told at the check-in when I told them of my gold status). I was told that it was too late for charge back on the credit card & instead they’d give me 186.18 extra points. . . $9.30 (15% of $62) x 20 points/$ = 186.18. I thought they were kidding but apparently not. Any thoughts?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
the hotel can refound the whole ammount (charge back to cc) and than re-issue the new/correct amount one more time

187 points are not a good compensation.
if you purchase points directly from the clubcarlson hp you will have 1000 points for 7 US$
Old Apr 6, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by schauschun
the hotel can refound the whole ammount (charge back to cc) and than re-issue the new/correct amount one more time

187 points are not a good compensation.
if you purchase points directly from the clubcarlson hp you will have 1000 points for 7 US$
Correct. Alternatively, try to claim via CC official form.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kiyotaka
I’m a gold member & spent 3 nights in Radisson Kathmandu as a part of a tour. After paid 6,140.42 NPR (~$62 US) for a restaurant bill using a credit card upon checkout, I mentioned about 15% discount which was a part of gold perks (was told at the check-in when I told them of my gold status). I was told that it was too late for charge back on the credit card & instead they’d give me 186.18 extra points. . . $9.30 (15% of $62) x 20 points/$ = 186.18. I thought they were kidding but apparently not. Any thoughts?
If I was you, I would have declined to pay unless they fix the bill.

As a standard practice, I always inform the server about any discounts / coupons I may have even before placing my order. I also leave my Status card / coupons on the table so that they are constantly reminded.
When they come for dessert order, I remind them one last time by saying something like, do you need my card (or coupon) now to be able to apply the discount?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.