Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10,000 points for everyone? (targeted, EMEA)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
10,000 points for everyone? (targeted, EMEA)

I (and a lot of other people in my company) have recieved an email from Club Carlson with a 'festive thank you' of 10,000 points.

When you click the link in the email it takes you to a page which tells you how many points you get (mine was 10,000, not sure if it's different for different people).

Unfortunately just as I was about to claim, the website crashed and now appears to be down. Everyone likes free points I guess...

Try it yourself: http://www.clubcarlsonfestivethankyo...lt.aspx?id=xxx

Replace 'xxx' in the above with your Club Carlson number.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:50 am

Got the mail but didn't make it in before the site crashed. Did colleagues who were concierge also get 10K?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
how exciting, hope the site is up soon
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: A-Club PLT, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Nice! Fingers Crossed (:
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by berlinflyer83
Got the mail but didn't make it in before the site crashed. Did colleagues who were concierge also get 10K?
Have spoken to someone at work who is concierge and he was shown 10K. I'm Gold and was also shown 10K.

Both of us were on the verge of clicking the 'claim' button when the site crashed.

Here's the page I saw as a Gold:

UPDATE: I've been refreshing the page every so often and managed to get in again a minute ago - same message - but when I click claim it had crashed again.

Last edited by hcuk94; Dec 18, 2014 at 12:04 pm
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Got the mail as well, clicked the link, but never reach the page.

Hope it will be 100 000 for me
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OWE
I'm on gold elite and just received the gift email few hours ago.
Managed to claim the bonus succesfully.

Terms and Conditions for the Thank You Campaign 2014:

This Thank You gift is available to Club Carlson members only within Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The Thank You gift is personal and only those Club Carlson members who received this email are eligible to receive their Thank You gift.
You may only claim your Thank You gift until 23:59 GMT on 2nd January 2015. Any claims made after this date will not be processed.
The Thank You gift is subject to availability.
Bonus Gold Points®:
Bonus Gold Points will be calculated and credited to the member’s account in March 2015.
Only one Club Carlson member account will be credited (gift cannot be transferred to another member).
Bonus Gold Points are subject to all Club Carlson Program Terms and Conditions.
Club Carlson reserves the right to add, modify, or discontinue the Thank You Campaign 2014 before the relevant gift is made use of, with or without notice.
The Thank You campaign and/or the relevant gifts are void where prohibited by law. By participating in this Thank You campaign, you agree and consent to these terms and conditions.

So have to wait few more months to get the 10K credited to your account...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by finhub
I'm on gold elite and just received the gift email few hours ago.
Managed to claim the bonus succesfully.

Terms and Conditions for the Thank You Campaign 2014:

This Thank You gift is available to Club Carlson members only within Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The Thank You gift is personal and only those Club Carlson members who received this email are eligible to receive their Thank You gift.
You may only claim your Thank You gift until 23:59 GMT on 2nd January 2015. Any claims made after this date will not be processed.
The Thank You gift is subject to availability.
Bonus Gold Points®:
Bonus Gold Points will be calculated and credited to the member’s account in March 2015.
Only one Club Carlson member account will be credited (gift cannot be transferred to another member).
Bonus Gold Points are subject to all Club Carlson Program Terms and Conditions.
Club Carlson reserves the right to add, modify, or discontinue the Thank You Campaign 2014 before the relevant gift is made use of, with or without notice.
The Thank You campaign and/or the relevant gifts are void where prohibited by law. By participating in this Thank You campaign, you agree and consent to these terms and conditions.

So have to wait few more months to get the 10K credited to your account...
Aha. Thanks for posting. Considering 10K amounts to a free night in the cheapest properties, I'd say it's worth the wait
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:58 pm

just got mine! - the confimation not the actual points, but i'm willing to wait as long as it takes...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dickieducker
just got mine! - the confimation not the actual points, but i'm willing to wait as long as it takes...
Lucky!

"10,000 free points won't attract many visitors will it? We'll just stick it on the old server in the basement with the rest of the silly promotions." - Club Carlson IT
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by hcuk94
"10,000 free points won't attract many visitors will it? We'll just stick it on the old server in the basement with the rest of the silly promotions." - Club Carlson IT
ha ha! excellent!

not quite sure how i managed to get through to the final 'claimed' page - persistance or blind luck! (it took me about numerous refreshes over about 20 minutes)
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:11 pm

fyi - i received the email, but the rest of my family (also based in Europe, but who haven't received an email yet), just get a 'festive' error page if they try to substitute their CC number into the link.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, CC Gold
Have not received the email yet! I hope it will come soon. 10k would be a lovely christmas gift from CC!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I got the e-mail, but only 2000 Gold Points were offered. Gold Elite member. Only one stay in 2014, though.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Site seems to be working again now, if a little slow.

I've successfully claimed my 10k points - worth the wait til March for that many imo
For the record: I'm Gold with about 25 stays this year - and was offered 10k points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.