Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson JFK: booked room with points but got also charged on CC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson JFK: booked room with points but got also charged on CC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Occasionally, a hotel will post a charge after a guest has checked out. Things like mini-bar charges, restaurant charges, and fees for room damages all can happen after a guest leaves.
Ok, but without any notice sent to the guest? One has to find out just from the credit card statement?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I'm reporting on the end of the story. After changing the review on Tripadvisor, lowering it to 1 star only, the hotel sent an e-mail about the problem.

The hotel representative made his apologies, said it was a human error and that they would refund the wrong charge and give 20.000 points as compensation for the trouble.
Refund and points were processed in a couple of days.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Lefly
I'm reporting on the end of the story. After changing the review on Tripadvisor, lowering it to 1 star only, the hotel sent an e-mail about the problem.

The hotel representative made his apologies, said it was a human error and that they would refund the wrong charge and give 20.000 points as compensation for the trouble.
Refund and points were processed in a couple of days.
It's a shame it took so much work to accomplish a relatively simple solution. Seems a good ending, at least.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Wow, 20k points is pretty generous (already a free night at the lower category properties!). I had the exact same problem back in March with another CC hotel, booked using points and then they charged $100 after checkout. I called the property as soon as I got my credit card statement, had to escalate and speak to the property manager, but did manage to get a refund and 5k points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.