Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer points or combine accounts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Transfer points or combine accounts

My gold membership will expire in next Feb, but I still have some points on the current account.
Is it possible to transfer the points or combine accounts, like HH or SPG et al do?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:08 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by zghjay
My gold membership will expire in next Feb, but I still have some points on the current account.
Is it possible to transfer the points or combine accounts, like HH or SPG et al do?
Can you explain better what exactly you will like to do? You can certainly transfer points, If you have 2 accounts, you can ask to combine them. If your points are getting close to expire, you can purchase 1000 pts for $7. Please provide more details on what exactly you want to do.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arollins
Can you explain better what exactly you will like to do? You can certainly transfer points, If you have 2 accounts, you can ask to combine them. If your points are getting close to expire, you can purchase 1000 pts for $7. Please provide more details on what exactly you want to do.
Thanks for your reply. For example I have two accounts: a red card and a gold card. What I want to do is to combine this two accounts. There will not have points lose during after combination, is there?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
If both accounts are in your name, combining them should be no problem. Just phone Customer Service! Keep the Gold one & dump the Red one into it. Then with all your points in the Gold account, you can transfer your points to a friend's account if you don't want them for yourself--while you still have Gold status.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:06 pm

They won't transfer over the 1000 opening bonus, nor any promotions you claimed on both accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.