Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parking issue at Radisson Blu, Bodo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Parking issue at Radisson Blu, Bodo

It was my first stay at the property in July, and while the property was excellent like most Radisson Blu properties are, the parking situation was confusing to say the least. There is a parking lot immediately adjacent to the hotel, and is considered parking for the hotel - but it is managed privately. When I checked in, I was told by the front desk that I could pay for parking at checkout. Lo and behold, when I got my checkout invoice, and the parking charge was not on the bill, I went out to look at my car and there was a yellow "PCN" or a violation notice. I took it back to the front desk and they said that they couldn't take payment as the PCN had been issued. Well that's a pickle! They asked me to e-mail the Parking company to request a waiver of the penalty which I did in August, but after two months the Parking company responded and said that they were not responsible for incorrect information provided by the hotel.

So now I'm stuck in a bit of a bind. Obviously I intended to pay the daily parking charge but not the penalty which is 3 or 4 times the amount, and as you may know, Norway ain't cheap to begin with. What I am really surprised about is how much running around all this is causing me. As a Club Carlson member (or that of any hotel program) I can't imagine anyone considering this to be a pleasant experience. I expect an easy stay at the property, not be stuck in an administrative quagmire for months. If this happened at every hotel I stayed at, I'd be looking at airbnb the next time!

I have contacted the hotel directly but I didn't know if there was a different customer service number to call in the US where I am based, other than the 888-288-8889 on the Club Carlson website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.