Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concierge Level Leveraging

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Concierge Level Leveraging

In 2013, I travelled a lot. I stayed at Club Carlson hotels enough to achieve the coveted, Concierge Status. My status will expire in February 2015. Truth is, I won't travel a lot in 2015 but I would like to leverage my Concierge status into another hotel chain. Most of my personal travel is to the Orlando area. Yes, I have kids and they have a mouse.

Any recommendations on who I should try and leverage this status with? I'd hate to let it expire and be treated like a mere mortal upon hotel arrival.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by SouthernDad
In 2013, I travelled a lot. I stayed at Club Carlson hotels enough to achieve the coveted, Concierge Status. My status will expire in February 2015. Truth is, I won't travel a lot in 2015 but I would like to leverage my Concierge status into another hotel chain. Most of my personal travel is to the Orlando area. Yes, I have kids and they have a mouse.

Any recommendations on who I should try and leverage this status with? I'd hate to let it expire and be treated like a mere mortal upon hotel arrival.

They will most likely downgrade you to Gold. That said, you can status match Concierge to Hilton Gold, which will get you free internet and breakfast.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Definitely Hilton for tsmith12's reasons. The best for second tier elite. But with your record, you might strike for their Diamond.* Then Hilton and their partners are good with the teasers - such as four stays - to remain Gold for the next year and the next. I fulfilled one, and got almost the two next years of breakfasts and wifi as Gold. (And Randy Peterson got us Hilton Gold and some other perks for upgrading our MilePoint membership for a one-off $50. I digress.) ^

[I have no connection with Hilton or MilePoint.]

* ETA: Hilton Diamond doesn't get you much more than Gold, IMO - a few extra points earning leverage. But what it does reliably, especially good in your case, is it gives priority when upgrades/perks might be scarce, as at hotels near amusement parks.

Last edited by Firewind; Sep 1, 2014 at 10:00 am
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your advice, I will try for Hilton. Of course, I'll post my results. Free breakfast is always good. Since I have unlimited WiFi on all my devices (thanks to grandfathering) that part doesn't matter. But my 11-year-old loves being treated like royalty upon check in with our concierge level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.