Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Edwardian London Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Radisson Blu Edwardian London Heathrow

Evening all !

I/we had a stay here over the weekend, and despite it being a lovely hotel, our stay was somewhat comical.

Really rude staff, orders wrong in restaurant, one out of four meals brought out 15 mins ahead of the rest, then two more, then a cold one etc etc etc !

No gold welcome gift, but a cot was provided free.

What is everyone elses opinion on this hotel ?

its nice but could be so much better with some attention to detail and some good staff, is this typical or were we just unlucky ?

cs
Old Jul 1, 2014, 5:46 am

I have stayed there a few times.

Agree about the welcome gift, however a phone call pointing this out will get you a free drink voucher, I recall this getting me a glass of Mercier.

I only went into the bar/restaurant area and was a sole traveller, but the food was good and nice setting.

Staff were fine when I went there, but we all know some staff/days are better than others.

One of my preferred hotels for heathrow, Marriott is OK if you get the lounge access, Renaissance is Renaissance only by name. If you don't mind the spend, the Sofitel is probably the best in the area.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 1:34 pm

This hotel can be a hit and miss sometimes.

2 years ago I got married and booked a junior suite for our wedding night, which was confirmed months before the wedding. The hotel was aware of the occasion, however, they decided to overbook the hotel, move us to the Marriott next door and did not even bother to inform us! Needless to say I was livid when we turned up at the hotel at 1am on our wedding night only to be told they were fully booked and we'd been moved to the Marriott instead. We refused to walk over to the Marriott so they called us a cab. But to add insult to injury, the Radisson didn't even book us a like for like room. Noooo... They booked a standard room and no breakfast was included. We did have breakfast though and they got billed for it.

I later complained to the manager who was quick to do a "service recovery" and invited us to give them a chance to redeem themselves by giving us a free night whenever when wanted. When we did go back, we got upgraded to a suite which was lovely. We dined in their restaurant; the food was great and the fact that they accept TasteCard was a big bonus!

I agree with the comment about the Marriott at LHR. It was nothing special, breakfast was nothing to write home about... Unlike the Radisson.

Last edited by Redwood; Jul 2, 2014 at 1:54 pm
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stayed here recently.
Very nice classic looking hotel...traditional style with modern furnishings. Lobby, hallways and restaurants all look elegant.
Friendly and helpful staff.
Stylish looking bar & 2 nice looking restaurants (one Indian & the other steak and lobster).
24 hour open Mcdonalds is next door on left, and Carluccios restaurant (at Marriott hotel) is next door on right.
Only downsides are Windows can NOT be opened for fresh air, most rooms still have bathubs instead of walk-in showers, and many rooms are on ground floor facing parking lot ensuring you will have to keep your curtains always closed to have privacy.
Would stay again, but would avoid the ground floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.