Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I am very mad at this point! CI Suites in MYR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2014, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.

I am finishing up a 3 night stay. First night is paid. Next two nights on points.

Upon check-in, I was given a king suite. I was assured by FD clerk I would not have to switch rooms the next day (as my points reservation held a 2 queen room). I go to to my room and it was occupied!! How embarrassing for all involved! That was the first issue.

The next morning, I went to FD to "re-check in" and yes, of course, they made me switch rooms. Hassle. Second issue.

Once I get to the new room- no wifi working at all!!! Had to go to FD 3 times in one hour to try to address. They sent clerk down with me and he verified not working. Not once did they offer to send me to another room. Clerk said he would "reset routers". I had to leave and 12 hours later, upon my return, no wifi!! I had to stand by the door of my room to pick up a signal from another room(?)- annoying! Third issue.

In the bathtub- there wasn't a "top" to the drain. So basically, it was just a giant spike sticking out. How could they miss that issue with daily maid cleanings? If I had cut my foot, I would have sued the heck out of them all!!
Fourth issue.

And then the BIG ISSUE- #5!!! When I came back last night, around 11pm. The parking lot was full!!! and why was it full. There were no less than 4 suvs or trucks with trailers attached that were taking up at least 25 spaces total.
That is just ridiculous. Why would hotel allow them all to park like that??
Oh, as a bonus, it was raining!!! FD clerk was like "sorry- you can park at the dark bowling alley across the street!" - Thanks man, so kind!

So- overall- MAJOR FAIL at CI Myrtle Beach!!!!!!!!!!!!! Off to write Club Carlson now!
Old Jun 28, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

it would be highly unusual for each room to have its own router.

A Country Inn does not have parking attendants monitoring each guests parking habits.

Some of your "issues" seem more like a mismatch of expectations. Obviously they screwed up with room assignments. It happens. You can't be guaranteed not having to change rooms when you have different reservations, though.

As for the drain, sorry to hear you dont like how the hotel has designed its bathtubs. You seem to have noticed the projection, so it's hard to see how you'd have any greater lawsuit than if you'd slipped and fell for another reason.

Free hotel wifi is unreliable? You don't say.

if you want luxury and guests who dont have trailers, don't stay at a Country Inn in Myrtle Beach in the summer.

The more minor complaints you list, the less likely your complaints are to be taken seriously.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
Originally Posted by Adam1222
it would be highly unusual for each room to have its own router.

A Country Inn does not have parking attendants monitoring each guests parking habits.

Some of your "issues" seem more like a mismatch of expectations. Obviously they screwed up with room assignments. It happens. You can't be guaranteed not having to change rooms when you have different reservations, though.

As for the drain, sorry to hear you dont like how the hotel has designed its bathtubs. You seem to have noticed the projection, so it's hard to see how you'd have any greater lawsuit than if you'd slipped and fell for another reason.

Free hotel wifi is unreliable? You don't say.

if you want luxury and guests who dont have trailers, don't stay at a Country Inn in Myrtle Beach in the summer.

The more minor complaints you list, the less likely your complaints are to be taken seriously.
Regardless of the hotel chain or level of a hotel, if it offers free wi-fi, it should work throughout your room, period. Buy more routers or stronger ones.

If you are paying for a room, you should expect a parking space. Not to have to spend your own time trying to sort out an alternative. They give everyone a parking pass. They ask for everyone to list your vehicle make/model upon check-in. The hotel could easily monitor the parking lot situation, especially after NUMEROUS guests are complaining at the FD late in the evening about lack of parking. Make the customers who parked illegally, by taking up four to eight spaces each, go park someone else. Why do their needs trump mine?

And the drain was MISSING a part, that left a spike protruding up into the tub basin, that could severely hurt someone if they stepped on it. How does housekeeping not notice that and report it??

I do not view my points as minor- that is why I wrote a post in FT to begin with.

p.s. i left a note for the hotel manager to contact me prior to check out. they never did. so off to complain to corporate as well as write negative reviews on the various travel sites. they get what they deserve, a negative review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.