Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Awards Bookings Only Premium Rooms Available?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Awards Bookings Only Premium Rooms Available?

Hi,

I tried to book the Blu in Chicago on a weekend and it seems that they only have premium rooms for 75k and not the regular rooms for 50k. Is this normal? I checked like 4 weekends for the next 2 months and no 50k redemption are available.

Has anyone else noticed this for a lot of the Club Carlson nice properties?

Has anyone had any success calling to get the 50k standard redemption rooms?

Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2014, 9:59 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
This is a common issue at the Chicago property because unfortunately they have a number of room categories (city view - park view - city view with balcony - park view with balcony) and only the base city view rooms are available for standard award redemption-- and b/c there is limited inventory of rooms in this category they do tend to sell out quickly.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:43 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
I have noticed this issue only sometimes.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by xcalibir
I tried to book the Blu in Chicago on a weekend and it seems that they only have premium rooms for 75k and not the regular rooms for 50k. Is this normal?
I had the same problem for a stay in August.

What was even more annoying, that if for one night only the premium award is the only one available, for the whole stay only premium awards are displayed. So I split the booking into nights with normal and nights with premium awards.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
If you have enough points it is best to book early here because of this issue. Grab dates that might work and cancel when your plans firm up. During the summer a 2 for 1 rsvn can easily save $700 for the outlay of 50K points, which is pretty amazing value.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:16 am

Its driving me nuts that the only option is a king bed even if I put in 2 adults and 1 child. I really do not want to sleep 3 in a king bed for the weekend.

I am alright with the 75,000 point redemption but I wish I knew before hand if I could be in 2 queens even if I had to pay e-standby of $19. But it looks like only 50,000 non-business class redemption offer 2 queens in the fall and we love business class for a special weekend getaway. Tempted to book at 75,000 and hope for 2 queens so we can see the fireworks....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.