Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Earn 9,000 Points For 3 Day or More Budget Car Rental.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2014, 4:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

3 Day or more rental.
Use BCD # U106508.
Expires 12/31/14.

http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html...get.com_cc9000

Unlike a similar Avis promotion (which I think might award less points), the rental does not require an airport pick-up.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 1:27 pm
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Sounds like good promotion. I hope the points will be credited to my account if I use this promotion. Usually I have to write Budget and ask them the missing points, which is not very nice.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 7:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by R7U
Sounds like good promotion. I hope the points will be credited to my account if I use this promotion. Usually I have to write Budget and ask them the missing points, which is not very nice.
It's been 23 days since I dropped off the car. I won't start to panic for another 2 weeks but I know that my credit card bill is still not due yet, so I doubt they will award me the points until they actually get paid by me.

I will keep you posted.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Has anybody received the points for this promo?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by R7U
+1.

Tried this 2 weeks ago. No points yet.

Not surprisingly, the lady at the counter did not recognize the clubcarlson card when checking in. She claimed never seen one and no idea bout CC, had to ask her manager who did know enough to take a paper directory to look up for CC code. Then the lady punched in the clubcarslon code in the reservation as I requested, since it had not been possible to enter my account number on the reservation webpage.

It all left me somehow feeling "forget the points"
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Not surprisingly, the lady at the counter did not recognize the clubcarlson card when checking in. She claimed never seen one and no idea bout CC, had to ask her manager who did know enough to take a paper directory to look up for CC code.
I have found with Budget it is easiest to know the code of the FF program you wish to deposit to and just give them the code rather than having someone look it up. It wasn't in the context of CC, sorry, don't have that code, but have certainly run into complications in northern Canadian towns "but we can only submit to Airmiles" ... "no, type in code XXX and it'll work, I swear" ... "wow, never heard of them" and points showed up just fine.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:15 am

Worked for a Sydney City 1 week rental booked on the Budget US website

Jul 02 2014 Earn Partner Points - BUDGET_CAR_RENTAL_PTS_ - Jun 06 2014 750
Jul 02 2014 Earn Partner Bonus Points - BUDGET_RENTAL_BONUS___ - Jun 06 2014 8,250
Old Jul 25, 2014, 6:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I am still waiting for my points but they should be forthcoming as I have written to customer service.

Note of information -- I rented from Budget and had all my reservation ID stuff, etc. and you should save it.

However, with the recent purchase of Budget by Avis, I looked at my contract from the location that I had rented from as it was originally an AVIS ONLY location -- and sure enough, it was written on AVIS paper.

I mention this as when it is processed, there is a good chance that it won't be processed properly as the BCD code does not correlate with the AVIS paper it was written on, etc. and this necessitated my contacting customer service.

This might happen often as many Budget locations were formerly AVIS only locations and the contract may be written on an AVIS contract.

Glad to see from above post that the points do post!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Still waiting my points from last year December rental.Send two emails to retro claim, still no reply.Points for September´13 rental were posted in February after multiple emails.Hardest points ever to collect.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Still waiting my points from last year December rental.Send two emails to retro claim, still no reply.Points for September´13 rental were posted in February after multiple emails.Hardest points ever to collect.
Two years ago I had 5 rentals from Avis in Thailand and had to fight tooth and nail to get any of them to post. Finally, five months later, they were posted and I walked away from the Club Carlson points for car rental scenario.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:21 pm

The Tax Invoice that gets printed by the hand held machines at drop-off here in Oz has the following wording:

Your Information

3544quebec, Mr
Budget Disc:
Aggressive Carlson Promo 2011

It took about 4 weeks for my points to post after drop-off
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Finally received my 9,000 points from Budget for my early June rental in Europe. Persistence pays off!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I am still waiting for my points but they should be forthcoming as I have written to customer service.

Note of information -- I rented from Budget and had all my reservation ID stuff, etc. and you should save it.

However, with the recent purchase of Budget by Avis, I looked at my contract from the location that I had rented from as it was originally an AVIS ONLY location -- and sure enough, it was written on AVIS paper.

I mention this as when it is processed, there is a good chance that it won't be processed properly as the BCD code does not correlate with the AVIS paper it was written on, etc. and this necessitated my contacting customer service.

This might happen often as many Budget locations were formerly AVIS only locations and the contract may be written on an AVIS contract.

Glad to see from above post that the points do post!
Good that you got your points.

I have exactly same situtation - a Budget rental but AVIS papers (the rental desk was combined) with AVIS rental numbers different from my Budget reservation.

I just saw my CC account credited 750 points for the rental but not the promo bonus 8250. I looked up Budget.com where to claim but found it "we have designed our webpage unclear enough to disencourage any customer inquiries". Should I write under "customer care / car rental question" or which did you use?
EDIT: Oh that crappy website did not let me send a claim, it only says "please correct highlighted fields" where I have everything correct and nothing highlighted.
So I sent a claim to [email protected] which is a local address, I hope it works for reservations outside .fi as well

Last edited by FFlash; Aug 5, 2014 at 9:44 am
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Good that you got your points.

I have exactly same situtation - a Budget rental but AVIS papers (the rental desk was combined) with AVIS rental numbers different from my Budget reservation.

I just saw my CC account credited 750 points for the rental but not the promo bonus 8250. I looked up Budget.com where to claim but found it "we have designed our webpage unclear enough to disencourage any customer inquiries". Should I write under "customer care / car rental question" or which did you use?
EDIT: Oh that crappy website did not let me send a claim, it only says "please correct highlighted fields" where I have everything correct and nothing highlighted.
So I sent a claim to [email protected] which is a local address, I hope it works for reservations outside .fi as well

Sorry, Finnish. I contacted Customer Service via phone and was put thru to a knowledgeable individual who took care of it. Don't settle until you receive your points!

This is obviously a problem of their making and so far it seems to have been confined to Europe but all should be aware of this possibility.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Have you got anything out of them? Was the rental in FI?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.