Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Earn 9,000 Points For 3 Day or More Budget Car Rental.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 9,000 Points For 3 Day or More Budget Car Rental.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2014, 7:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
yes , they should've. Therefore the fight
Well, now that they have documented the rental, one would hope that it would be easier to obtain the missing ponts.

Good luck!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Points finally posted on Oct 10. Lots of phone calls and waiting for this one. More hassle than it's worth
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by spankytoes
Points finally posted on Oct 10. Lots of phone calls and waiting for this one. More hassle than it's worth
Do you know if it was CC fault or Budget? Did you get it resolved through Budget or CCarlson?
Mine still not resolved.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FFlash
Do you know if it was CC fault or Budget? Did you get it resolved through Budget or CCarlson?
Mine still not resolved.
I have to think that it is Budget's fault because why, then, do the Alamo points post so quickly? After all, CC is involved in processing those, as well, and to my mind, CC also have been pretty fast in posting the points from their hotel stays -- they may not always be accurate, but they have been pretty fast.

From now on, I am going to avoid using Budget -- at their fastest, they have been 4 weeks, whereas Alamo has been one measly week! -- at least so far!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by FFlash
Mine still not resolved.
It was CC. Actually, their middleman vendor. They admitted as much to me
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I had some issues with points posting after the required 6 -8 weeks so I contacted the US center and had them escalate the matter.

As it happened my wife was solicited on a rental that she had just concluded so I sent a nasty letter with the comments for that rental.

For those of you who can't call the US, I am going to post the e-mail addresses of the center that handles the initial claim as well as the one that handles escalation issues.

I would be polite and as fact based as possible with the Rental Confirmation number as well as the Rental Agreement number if you have it.

Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:48:31 -0400
To:
Subject: RE: Budget Escalation Case#

Budget Case:
Reservation:
Rental Agreement:

Dear

Thank you for your continued correspondence in this matter.

After reviewing your account, I am pleased to advise that your Frequent Traveler points have been processed with Carlson Hotel, they have already been notified of your point accrual of 750 base and 8250 bonus. Your points will appear on a future activity statement that will be provided by your frequent traveler program.

Budget takes great pride in providing dependable cars and attentive service at a great price. Your feedback is extremely important because it helps us maintain our high service levels. We appreciate your business and hope you will give us another opportunity to meet your rental needs in the future.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to call Budget Customer Service at 1-866-729-0770, or email us at [email protected]. Your comments and suggestions are always valued and appreciated by Budget.

Sincerely yours,

Avis Budget Group

Customer Service

Escalation Team

avisbudgetgroup
Today, the missing 9,000 Club Carlson points posted to the account!

Good luck!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

FYI - On 2 separate rentals 5 days apart, Alamo again posted the bonus and standard points within 1 week of drop-off. All things considered, Alamo is a definitely more efficient operation compared to Budget. ^
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Yet again, 4 days after drop off, Alamo again posted points and bonus to the account. All things being equal, go with them -- they are flawless!
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Yet again, 4 days after drop off, Alamo again posted points and bonus to the account. All things being equal, go with them -- they are flawless!
Same experience, Las Vegas Alamo, 1500 points/day x 5 and another 1500 = 9,000. Posted in < a week. Plus the rate was the lowest of any I found.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

So sad, but true.

The Alamo @ LAX really disappointed me.

No posting of CC points within 4 days of drop-off.

Would you believe I had to wait 8 stinkin' days for it to post!

Meanwhile, my wife's LAX rental from Budget in Mid-October still hasn't posted!

Alamo all the way! ^
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:21 pm

Thanks for posting the upthread info for escalation - it's now been six months, several emails, much patience and I'm still missing the 1500/day bonus for a 12 day rental with Budget!!!! Never had this issue with AirMiles with them, but I have less use for AM.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Good luck and let us know how you come out in the end.

I am going to have to escalate the wife's missing LAX rental.

It just does not seem worth the effort to use Budget when Alamo is available and is in/near the same price point.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
After "one year anniversary" of my rental and numerous emails to Budget and Club Carlson during the year,Club Carlson posted 9000 points as a Goodwill Gesture.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Jaenks
After "one year anniversary" of my rental and numerous emails to Budget and Club Carlson during the year,Club Carlson posted 9000 points as a Goodwill Gesture.
^
I escalated a couple of emails whining and got goodwill points 9000 as well.

Now at least I know to avoid Budget
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:39 pm

Just because I like swimming against the tide

I've had 8 Budget rentals since May - the 9000 points have posted to my CC account within 2-8 weeks without any need for me to chase up.

As with the Avis promo the website http://www.clubcarlson.com/offers/7393036 says that the 9000 point promo is now valid for rentals up to 31 Dec 2015 but the promo booking page has not changed still listing the expiry as 31 Dec 2014 http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html...get.com_cc9000

I look forward to an new year full of Budget Car rentals

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.