Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Earn 9,000 Points For 3 Day or More Budget Car Rental.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 9,000 Points For 3 Day or More Budget Car Rental.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2014, 9:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I'll just add that where Budget does not work, try Alamo -- 1,500 points/day. Wife used them and they posted fine and rather quickly, to boot!
Old Sep 13, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Have you got anything out of them? Was the rental in FI?
I had already given up on this, but now that you ask I checked my accoung and the rental has not been credited despite the Finnish lady having made a request separately.
The rental was in Germany and I had done everything according to instructions.
Maybe I give them a final try on Monday. If it won't work, then nevermore Budget
Old Sep 13, 2014, 6:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FFlash
I had already given up on this, but now that you ask I checked my accoung and the rental has not been credited despite the Finnish lady having made a request separately.
The rental was in Germany and I had done everything according to instructions.
Maybe I give them a final try on Monday. If it won't work, then nevermore Budget
Sorry, to hear....
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by FFlash
My rental was in Hungary, when I followed up they said that the miles were credited to Carlson (mid-July) - haven't seen a single one ever since.

I'm not sure if it's a Budget or a CC issue, but in any case probably I'll just stick to Hertz and 1100 VS miles (=1650 HHonours). Those at least seem to post without any extra effort from my part.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:05 am

I did call Budget again, but the rep was like me, not knowing what to do. She promised to escalate this somehow anyway, so wait and see.

I also called ClubCarlson if they can do anything from their end, but no, they only promised to look into it if I can send a copy of my correspondence with Budget, which I did.

Figure...this was already too much time wasted
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Come to think of it - it might be a CC issue - I just remembered a National rental from June still hasn't posted...

I just stop trying to credit rentals to CC
Old Sep 16, 2014, 6:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

It may be a European Budget problem as I have not had any problems with US rentals with Alamo and I'll let you know about Budget.

I believe that I called Avis USA to have this remedied, not Budget when I had my European rental.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Been almost 2 months since my Budget rental and still no points. Budget sent them over but CC hasn't deposited them yet.

Alamo rental posted within a week.

Ridiculous
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spankytoes
Been almost 2 months since my Budget rental and still no points. Budget sent them over but CC hasn't deposited them yet.

Alamo rental posted within a week.

Ridiculous
Alamo does post within a week -- I was amazed!

On Budget's website, it says it takes 6-8 weeks.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Come to think of it - it might be a CC issue - I just remembered a National rental from June still hasn't posted...

I just stop trying to credit rentals to CC
Yeah. After once again contacting Budget, I contacted also CCarlson and still nothing happened since weeks. Might be not only Budget problem, could be as well CC or a miscommunication between.

I can only recommend NOT to use Budget-CC rental promos
Old Sep 25, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Still waiting points from last year December Germany rental.No reply from Budget to multiple emails,send an email to CC,got reply that I should call to Budget US toll free number.Replied to CC that why I should do it and got an answer that CC will do it instead.Now waiting.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Been 8+ weeks. Still nothing. It's most certainly a CC issue as Budget sent my points over 3 days after I turned in my rental. CC did give me 3,000 points for my troubles. They said that they can see that this is geared to post but they can't tell me when it will hit my account. That was exactly a week ago. Why they can make 3,000 points instantly appear but not 9,000 from a legit following of the promo terms, I don't know.

I'm sure that I will eventually get them, but it's not worth the chasing that you have to do. I'd rather get Southwest points from Alamo that I know will post without me having to follow-up.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After exactly 3 months the base 750 points posted. Now let the fight for the missing 8250 points begin!
Old Oct 11, 2014, 4:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Wilco, they both should be posted together:

Oct 10 2014 Earn Partner Points - BUDGET_CAR_RENTAL_PTS_ - Sep 12 2014 750

Oct 10 2014 Earn Partner Bonus Points - BUDGET_RENTAL_BONUS___ - Sep 12 2014 8,250
As you can see from the above, one of my US car rentals did post within about 1 month.

Sadly, however, a prior US car rental has yet to post, so I will wait a bit longer for that one, as it still is within the time-frame for them to post same.

Quite frankly, I would be willing to take fewer points if I knew that my points would post within the week that Alamo seems to accomplish with some sort of regularity as others have reported herein.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes , they should've. Therefore the fight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.