Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Concierge member cocktail reception invitation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

Just received an email invite to a reception being held in Toronto early next month by Carlson-Rezidor to introduce their Canadian property managers to "our best customers".

Anyone anywhere else in the world receiving invitations to similar receptions or is this a unique Canadian thing to raise our awareness of their properties here?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Interesting - particularly since there are no high-end/luxury Radisson (Blu) properties in Canada.

I´ve always thought the Radisson Concierge level was a joke, but maybe they´re serious about it.
Old May 7, 2014, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The event tonight was oriented to the travel industry trade (mainly TAs) and had Rezidor execs from the US and Europe (in addition to Canadian ones), as well as reps from each of their Canadian Radisson/Country Inn/Park Inn properties (along with partners AC and Avis/Budget). There were tags for about a dozen Concierge elites, about half of whom actually showed. Also highlighted were some of the company's "social responsibility" projects including their coffee supplier (who sources fair trade coffee from farms owned and harvested by women) and others who made recycled products including bedding (from bamboo) and uniforms (from plastics).

There was a short presentation on the new RadissonRED brand about to be launched, aimed at "the millennium" crowd. And hints that we will see more BLUEs in NAmerica, and soon the first one in Canada.
Old May 8, 2014, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thanks for posting, Shareholder!^

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Also highlighted were some of the company's "social responsibility" projects including their coffee supplier (who sources fair trade coffee from farms owned and harvested by women)
When I read such political correctness nonsense, it almost makes me want to avoid Radisson hotels.

There was a short presentation on the new RadissonRED brand about to be launched, aimed at "the millennium" crowd.
Interesting - I guess the RadissonRED concept is somewhat similar to the Westin / Andaz concept?

And hints that we will see more BLUEs in NAmerica, and soon the first one in Canada.
Cool - Canada could indeed do with some nice Radisson hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.