Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about credit card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

I am planning a last minute trip to Austria and the nearby region.

Is it possible to sign up for a credit card now, charge up $10K, pay it off immediately and get the points posted by end of April? Will they post the points if you charge and pay it off quickly? Thanks for any advice.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl

Did you look at the credit card thread? Not going to happen.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:15 pm

By end of April? Not likely. Points usually post a few days (3-5 days) after the statement posts.....assuming you get approved for card today and get it in mail within 7-10 days, the statement will close sometime in May.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I should have done this earlier.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: AAPLT, SK/G, A3/G
I have a different question, I looking in the CC forum but didn't find anything so I thought I'd ask here but not start a new thread:

I just got the card in the mail and used it this morning. How long will it take before the website reflect the status that comes with the card? Also, how do I book an award with the free night offer? Do I just book 2 or more nights on points and the points will just be refund to me automaticall?

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA,UA,BA,SPG,IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, UR, MR
My status wasn't shown on club carlson until my first statement was cut but YMMV. As far as free night, you simply book 2 or more nights and it will automatically subtract the points due for the last night prior to checkout. System will put a red line through the point total and show you a new reduced total beneath. At least, that's always been my experience.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: AAPLT, SK/G, A3/G
Originally Posted by jhuck
My status wasn't shown on club carlson until my first statement was cut but YMMV. As far as free night, you simply book 2 or more nights and it will automatically subtract the points due for the last night prior to checkout. System will put a red line through the point total and show you a new reduced total beneath. At least, that's always been my experience.
I'm wondering how quickly clubcarlson.com recognize my card and will automatically deduct it. I reckon since I just used the card for the first time this morning it doesn't quite see it, but I do need to book a room this week so maybe I can retroactively get them to credit me later if it doesn't kick in.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just tried it and it automatically subtract the points. Awesome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.