Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Carlson New Spring Promo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.

here's the link:

https://www.clubcarlson.com/secure/o...motion.en.book

Spring Has Arrived

Earn up to 25,000 bonus Gold Points* on Eligible Stays until 31 May 2014 at any of our participating hotels**. Enjoy a relaxing weekend, fine dining and great locations. Stay at more than 45 participating Radisson Blu hotels in Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, France, Norway, Sweden, Russia, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Spring Promotion

Stay 1 night and earn 1,000 bonus Gold Points
Stay 2 nights and earn 2,000 bonus Gold Points
Stay 3 nights or more and earn 3,000 bonus Gold Points

Register before 30 April 2014 and book your Eligible Stay before 30 May 2014.

enjoy!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:39 am

Not valid on existing bookings, apparently. Does CC IT usually successfully enfore that?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Bleh.... 25 nights for half a free night
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Unusually for CC it is a very restrictive property list too
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: Executive Club, AMEX, Club Carlson, Tesco clubcard, Nectar, Odeon
One promotion they give 38.000 CC points and then the next promotion they give you a pig in a poke.

Of course I did not hit the big promotion but I will get the pig in a poke promotion. *sigh* The world is not fair.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Frenske
One promotion they give 38.000 CC points and then the next promotion they give you a pig in a poke.

Of course I did not hit the big promotion but I will get the pig in a poke promotion. *sigh* The world is not fair.
How have their promos been in the past? Have they been more along the lines of the 38k (which I get to take advantage of, woot!) or this one, which is obviously not fantastic?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by MarcusBWI
How have their promos been in the past? Have they been more along the lines of the 38k (which I get to take advantage of, woot!) or this one, which is obviously not fantastic?
Before the credit card was launched in the US there were pretty great promos. After that... let's say most promos were not to breathtaking but there were a couple of decent ones like the 38k points for 3 nights stays.

The T&C of the promo say

To be eligible to earn bonus Gold Points® for this offer (“Bonus Gold Points”), you must register by 30 April 2014 at clubcarlson.com/springpromotion.
Eligible Stays must be booked before 30 May 2014 and completed at participating hotels between 15 March – 31 May 2014 (the “Promotion Period”).
I do not read out of it that you had to book after you entered the promo, so existing reservations should be not excluded. Will see, have some nights in Hamburg in May. I booked it before 30th May and I will stay between 15th March and 31st May. But I'm guessing it won't work - 2.000 points are not worth making a big fuzz out of it.

I suppose this promo was launched to have kind of soft landing after the killed the online booking bonus.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: DL Plat
Will this stack with the previous promotion ?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
I do not read out of it that you had to book after you entered the promo, so existing reservations should be not excluded.
It is stated in the T&C: This Offer is not valid for existing reservations.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:18 pm

Ah, missed that...
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:00 pm

Cancelled my reservations and made new ones. Might as well take the extra points.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:01 am

What a crappy promotion...especially considering that these are simply the points you would've gotten anyway with the booking promo offered prior to it's removal.

I suspect Club Carlson to continue to go in decline. They just cant play with the big boys and arent trying to really gain customers.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA, WN, BA, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
What a crappy promotion...especially considering that these are simply the points you would've gotten anyway with the booking promo offered prior to it's removal.

I suspect Club Carlson to continue to go in decline. They just cant play with the big boys and arent trying to really gain customers.
I agree they aren't ready for prime time, but their issues are far deeper than crappy promos. Their US properties need a major overhaul, including a larger footprint, better QC, and a renewed focus on what type of hotel chain they want to be. The Radisson brand in the US is horrid for the most part, although I think CI&S has a lot of potential. The Radisson Blu rollout in the US is progressing at a glacial pace and I just don't see the branded credit cards really giving them more than anything more than a short term boost.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:37 pm

I think you hit the nail on the head littlemookie. In the US I think of club carlson as the chain for business travelers and maybe a few families trying to save a buck. The credit card is pretty much for Americans who know about the great properties overseas.

For a budget hotel though, CI&S is up there.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by littlemookie
I agree they aren't ready for prime time, but their issues are far deeper than crappy promos.
Agreed - however better promos help compensate for their deep issues. The mentally challenged folks at Carlson cant seem to grasp that concept.

although I think CI&S has a lot of potential.
It had potential, but has sadly lost it, IMO. Most CI&S's are old and showing their age. The ones that aren't have been steadily converting over to Holiday Inn Express's. The "refresh" of CI&S is going even slower than the Blu roll-out in the US, which means it's doomed.

The Radisson Blu rollout in the US is progressing at a glacial pace
I wouldnt even call it a roll-out. Taking 3 years to open 3 properties is embarrassing.

and I just don't see the branded credit cards really giving them more than anything more than a short term boost.
Here's what nobody gets....the credit cards aren't giving them a boost at all in stays. All it's doing is giving Carlson some extra revenue in selling points and allowing customers to squeeze an extra free day out of them. IF anything, the card will hurt Carlson in the long term, while not stimulating additional stays. Meaning those 3rd world Radissons across the US will still be unoccupied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.