Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Le Metropolitan Premium award?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Radisson Blu Le Metropolitan Premium award?

Has anyone done the premium award at this hotel? I'm doing one at Le Dokhan and can see the difference between that room and the standard. This hotel though, I see zero difference in the rate rules and I've read hints online that the difference is negligible. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by nsummy
Has anyone done the premium award at this hotel? I'm doing one at Le Dokhan and can see the difference between that room and the standard. This hotel though, I see zero difference in the rate rules and I've read hints online that the difference is negligible. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
I have not done a premium award here, but having stayed at this hotel I can assure you the only premium aspect of it is the location. I got the sense that they don't value the guests staying on points, regardless of elite status, so I doubt you'd get the best room anyway. If you are GUARANTEED a suite or room with a DIRECT view of the Eiffel Tower then it may be worth it. With the way the hotel is sited, I believe there are only 4 rooms that face the tower directly. Furthermore, the management at this hotel had a...for lack of a better term...bad attitude. This carried on into the staff. I've never had to argue with staff for ice before or get cut off by housekeeping staff so they could take the elevator instead of me until I got to this hotel!

The rooms were also lacking some very basic items, such as towel hooks in the bathrooms.

I just don't see you getting a "premium" value out of a premium award here. Unfortunately all of the other Carlson hotels in Paris are owned by the same franchisee so it will likely be the same scenario at all of them.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:51 pm

Well,had i been at your place,i would have gone wwith the standard award itself at that hotel.
Not much of a difference comparing the Standard and premium awards at the hotel,it seems.
BTW,your stay at Le dokhan..how much difference did u find between a premium and standard room over there. ? Just trying to get insights
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. I haven't stayed at either one yet, going at the end of the month, that is why I am asking. Due to some changes in plans on unavailability in rooms for 2 of the nights I'm going going to be able to stay in one of the Blu's so looks like its going to be the Dokhan.

Jasjot - haven't stayed in them yet and I would do the standard award but there is only availability for the premium award. The Dokhan though gives you a business class room which normally costs 80 euro extra. It includes a bigger room and free breakfast. The Metropolitan it appears gives you only a slight upgrade.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:30 pm

As a matter of fact, I stayed here last summer with family of 4 in two adjoining rooms. To get adjoining they told me I'd have to book 1 "Classic" room (standard redemption rate) and 1 "Deluxe" room (premium redemption rate).

The Deluxe room was slightly larger and nicer, but your impressions of the differences as being minimal is accurate. Under normal conditions I wouldn't think it is worth 50% more points. My recollection (vague, so could be mistaken) is that the Deluxe had hard floors whereas the Classic had a thin carpet. On the flip side, I actually thought the bathroom in the Classic was slightly nicer quality, albeit smaller, than the Deluxe.

The rooms are both very small by US standards, as expected. I liked the location of this hotel very much, especially compared to the Champs-Elysee. But if I were to go back, I'd try Le Dokhan's.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:08 am

Thanks for your replies. I haven't stayed at either one yet, going at the end of the month, that is why I am asking. Due to some changes in plans on unavailability in rooms for 2 of the nights I'm going going to be able to stay in one of the Blu's so looks like its going to be the Dokhan.

Jasjot - haven't stayed in them yet and I would do the standard award but there is only availability for the premium award. The Dokhan though gives you a business class room which normally costs 80 euro extra. It includes a bigger room and free breakfast. The Metropolitan it appears gives you only a slight upgrade.
I have stayed at the Radisson Metropolitan and didn't find much of a difference between standard and premium award rooms.Try calling the hotel if they can free a standard award for the dates u looking for.Always worthy of a try,all they would end up saying is a NO,but still worth a TRY i would say.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 10:16 am

The only Radisson Blu worth it in Paris is the Champs Elysees one, all others have cramped rooms and a weird layouts due being on a corner building. I've stayed in all 3 of them.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by atxtravel
The only Radisson Blu worth it in Paris is the Champs Elysees one, all others have cramped rooms and a weird layouts due being on a corner building. I've stayed in all 3 of them.
Awesome to know for next visit to CDG! As you can tell I thought Le Metropolitan missed the mark.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by atxtravel
Unfortunately that one has zero points availability during my trip I did stay there last year though and it was very nice. I'll take plenty of pics and post a review of my stay at Le Dokhan. I'm also going to spend 2 nights at the new Park Inn in Glasgow if anyone is ever interested in hearing how that is. The reviews are so good that I actually picked that hotel over the Blu there.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:38 am

Unfortunately that one has zero points availability during my trip I did stay there last year though and it was very nice. I'll take plenty of pics and post a review of my stay at Le Dokhan. I'm also going to spend 2 nights at the new Park Inn in Glasgow if anyone is ever interested in hearing how that is. The reviews are so good that I actually picked that hotel over the Blu there.
Might have something to do with their upgrading to a higher category....or maybe they're playing the game of hiding availability. Who knows. I also would look into the Bolougne Radisson. It's an upscale suburb although far from the main attractions (but close to Roland Garros). Never stayed there but looks like a more modern building.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.