Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Blu Rome - 4 night reward available, 2 night not!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold

My wife and I will be staying 4 nights in Rome. I booked the first two nights with my account. No problem. Received my free bonus night. Tried to book the second two nights from my wife's account. There was no availability. I've checked on and off over the past month, always with the same result.

Again today, no availability for an award redemption for the last two nights. I then played with the dates and found I could book an award stay for the full 4 night stay, but not an award stay for only the last two nights.

Is this normal?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:16 pm

Try booking yourself a 4 night stay starting at day 1, then booking your wife's 2 night award also at day 1, then modify your stay to just days 3 and 4...
Old Mar 4, 2014, 4:52 am

If you have enough points in your wife's account to cover the entire 4-night stay, book that and then modify the reservation to just the desired two nights.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks to you both. I am disappointed in myself for not trying that! The dates are again unavailable regardless of length of stay, but I will continue to monitor. I do have have backup options so I am not too worried.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
The problem may be that the hotel has imposed a minimum-stay requirement around Nights 3 & 4 &or closed them to arrival. They do this if a major convention or special event at that time & don't wish to offer short stays.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
I thought there suppose to be no blackout dates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.