Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Multiple Club Carlson Bonus Award Nts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Booking Multiple Club Carlson Bonus Award Nts

Hello! I'm new to flyertalk and hoping for some help with a Club Carlson question. I tried to search the forums and apologize in advance if this has already been answered somewhere else.

I would like to book 5 nights the Radisson Martinique in NYC. It is 50K/nt and I have 115K Carlson points & the Carlson Credit Card/Gold Elite Status. My plan is to book 3 separate reservations: 1)Sun/Mon by redeeming 50K points and then get last night free 2) book Tuesday night by paying 15K points and the remainder cash, 3) booking Wed/Thur by redeeming another 50K and getting the last night free.

The system will allow me to book the reservation but will the hotel give me a hard time when I check in for the multiple bonus award nights and back to back reservations? will I have to check in and out with each new reservation (which is fine)? should I book Tuesday night under my husband's account so that my 2 bonus award reservations are split up?

Any help is much appreciated!

2784Lex
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:55 pm

Can you book the middle-reservation in your partner's name (I'm assuming you'll be travelling with someone else), so you check out, go around the city etc, then come back and your partner checks in while you stay in the background in lobby etc.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Welcome to FT!

You'll find a lot more information and similar experiences in the Club Carlson forum.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 2784Lex
Hello! I'm new to flyertalk and hoping for some help with a Club Carlson question. I tried to search the forums and apologize in advance if this has already been answered somewhere else.

I would like to book 5 nights the Radisson Martinique in NYC. It is 50K/nt and I have 115K Carlson points & the Carlson Credit Card/Gold Elite Status. My plan is to book 3 separate reservations: 1)Sun/Mon by redeeming 50K points and then get last night free 2) book Tuesday night by paying 15K points and the remainder cash, 3) booking Wed/Thur by redeeming another 50K and getting the last night free.

The system will allow me to book the reservation but will the hotel give me a hard time when I check in for the multiple bonus award nights and back to back reservations? will I have to check in and out with each new reservation (which is fine)? should I book Tuesday night under my husband's account so that my 2 bonus award reservations are split up?

Any help is much appreciated!

2784Lex
What you are seeking to do is indeed prohibited. "Only one Bonus Award Night will be available for a stay of two or more consecutive nights at the same hotel (early checkout with one night stay not eligible), regardless of the total length of stay, the total number of reservations or the number of check-in/check-outs""

The only way to do it would be to book other nights in your husband's name.
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carls...lson-visa.html
and discussed in many posts here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carls...l#post20925755
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Thank you!

Thank you all for your responses and the link to the Club Carlson Forum & 2nd nt free link! I tried to search for a thread on this topic before posting this question but obviously did not do a good job

After reading the other threads I think I am going to have my husband book a night between my two stays/bonus award nights (as was suggested above) so I don't have a continuous stay at the hotel. Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.