Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Current best offer (May 2019) 120,000 Radisson Reward points
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/offer.do?redirect=plat32172&lang=e
  • 10 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases at participating Radisson Family of Hotels.2
  • 5 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases everywhere else.2
  • 120,000 bonus points - receive 120,000 points after you spend $3,000 on your card within the first 90 days. 1

The cards offer a free DOMESTIC night certificate for every $10,000 spent on the card per cardholder year, up to 3 certificates per year, per card. At this time, the only way to ascertain membership year spend is to add it up on your statements or call the US BANK number on the back of the card and have the rep do the math. There is no "Spend Summary" to indicate your progress towards your free night certificates.
  • 40,000 renewal points each year when you renew your card.3
  • Earn up to 3 free nights! Earn one Free Night E-Cert for each $10,000 in spend (up to $30,000), then renew your card by paying the Annual Fee.4

Many reports here indicate that the norm is that annual renewal points post to Club Carlson two months after the date of the Visa statement that includes the annual fee. Because of this, do not use the date that the points post to calculate your cardmembership spending for the free night certificates.
Print Wikipost

CC visa annual 40000 points bonus

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 7:03 pm

Sorry to disappear (hanging head in shame)!

So, I tweeted Club Carlson right after my post in April. US Bank called me immediately (on a Saturday) and said they'd have the department that could help me out call me Monday. They did call (Tuesday). I expressed my concern about the anniversary points, etc. I was very polite, etc. Pushed them pretty hard though.

Got me nowhere. Bottom line was they won't BUDGE - they blame Club Carlson... Which I believe is NOT true. If it was true, seems like US Bank would say "we've approved the points on our end and notified CC. It's out of our hands". I tried to nail down the rep and "make" them state clearly "it's Club Carlson's fault this is happening" but no go. Just double talk and deflection.

I did get 7500 points without asking. They posted immediately. lol I found that quite funny. (sarcasm, folks).

Side note: The only hotel they had in Puerto Rico is no longer part of their chain... now I've got points and no clear plan for them. UGH Guess I'll go see one of my US military sons and burn them that way!
Old May 13, 2015, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by haydevin
Sorry to disappear (hanging head in shame)!

So, I tweeted Club Carlson right after my post in April. US Bank called me immediately (on a Saturday) and said they'd have the department that could help me out call me Monday. They did call (Tuesday). I expressed my concern about the anniversary points, etc. I was very polite, etc. Pushed them pretty hard though.

Got me nowhere. Bottom line was they won't BUDGE - they blame Club Carlson... Which I believe is NOT true. If it was true, seems like US Bank would say "we've approved the points on our end and notified CC. It's out of our hands". I tried to nail down the rep and "make" them state clearly "it's Club Carlson's fault this is happening" but no go. Just double talk and deflection.

I did get 7500 points without asking. They posted immediately. lol I found that quite funny. (sarcasm, folks).

Side note: The only hotel they had in Puerto Rico is no longer part of their chain... now I've got points and no clear plan for them. UGH Guess I'll go see one of my US military sons and burn them that way!
Lucky you (relatively speaking). These jokers promised me the paltry 7500 points two weeks ago and that they would post overnight, and, when I checked yesterday why they hadn't posted yet, they said they would post when the next statement will close (which of course is not until after the beginning of June). Would calling them on twitter/facebook help with this?
Old May 20, 2015, 12:22 pm
Suspended

I was promised 7500 points at the close of my statement and have not received them yet.

Anyone have experience how long one must wait before they post after the close of the monthly statement?
Old May 20, 2015, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I was promised 7500 points at the close of my statement and have not received them yet.

Anyone have experience how long one must wait before they post after the close of the monthly statement?
My statements closed yesterday (5/19) and points just appeared in my Club Carlson accounts about an hour ago.

Booked ten nights total with two accounts. After transferring points around I had 982 miles left over. Adios Club Carlson
Old May 20, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Jesperss
My statements closed yesterday (5/19) and points just appeared in my Club Carlson accounts about an hour ago.

Booked ten nights total with two accounts. After transferring points around I had 982 miles left over. Adios Club Carlson
Same here. Promised points 7-10 days ago. Statement 5/19. Points posted 5/20.
Old May 20, 2015, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jesperss

Thanks, mine too!!
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Renewal fee was charged 2 weeks ago, but no 40k miles posted yet.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:17 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Renewal fee was charged 2 weeks ago, but no 40k miles posted yet.
I'm assuming that "miles" is just a slip. As noted several times above, we have come to expect that annual renewal points will post to Club Carlson two months after the date of the Visa statement that includes the annual fee.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:15 am

Has anyone had the free night cert for 10K spend post?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by mikejj78
Has anyone had the free night cert for 10K spend post?
Yes (not me, yet), some folks have posted such reports in other threads (see the free night certificate thread).
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:05 am

questions:

1) do I get Gold Elite status as long as my AF card is open? That would be sweet.

2) is first year AF waived?

3) Why not get Business card? It costs 15 bucks less than the personal one? In a quick eye, both cards seem to have the same benefit.

4) Is there FTF? Holy hell does US bank make looking up things hard.

5) I earn 20 points with Elite Gold on and (on specific locations) I can earn 10 points max with CC. 30 points total for per $ spend on dining at hotel?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by runb4fun
questions:

1) do I get Gold Elite status as long as my AF card is open? That would be sweet.

- Yes, you will continue to have status (until they change the TnCs ) . The bonus points are definitely nice. Other benefits differ by property, but I've gotten some nice snacks/beverages/slightly better rooms/etc.

- Read the fine print on your application to confirm, but it is generally waived for the first year.

3) Why not get Business card? It costs 15 bucks less than the personal one? In a quick eye, both cards seem to have the same benefit.

- Not everyone has a business, but if you can qualify for a business card, the consensus is that it is better.

- Some people wanted both, especially before the devaluation when the annual bonus points could really go far.

- Yes, unfortunately

5) I earn 20 points with Elite Gold on and (on specific locations) I can earn 10 points max with CC. 30 points total for per $ spend on dining at hotel?

- I believe that you would receive that, as long as the meal can be charged to your room.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by runb4fun
questions:

2) NO.
Club Carlson cards do not waive first year fee.

4) YES.

You can click Apply then read the Pricing - it is all there.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:09 pm

thanks guys. FTF makes the card useless for foreign use.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those who still have the card - Annual bonus NOT posting Again!

A warning to those who are looking into getting this card.

The annual bonus takes 2 to 3 months to post, and often require follow up. Those who can put up with this nonsense are fine to keep this card now the benefits have been cut more than half - no more241 and point level required to redeem a night in most of Europe has gone up 50%. Those who still have this card for the last bit of usage, keep an eye on the posting of your annual bonus.

Because we still have a few stays in late 2016 booked with predevalued points i.e. 241, we decided to keep the cards for one more year.

My AF was billed on 12/18/15. Paid everything in 01/04/16. Statement closed 01/20/16 with 0 balance.

Saw Pending 40K pts sometime in Feb but no statement generated for Feb. Points remain pending status. Last year's 40K posted on 02/19/15.

After getting a nonsense reply from US Bank email service, I called US Bank and was told because the AF was paid in January, the bonus would not be issued until March statement.

Husband's account AF was billed on 01/05/16. Paid everything between 01/12 to 01/21/16.
As of now, there is not even pending points in his account.
Last year's 40K posted on 03/09/15.
His next statement will be 03/03/16.
We sent an email to US Bank today but mostly likely would not get a canned reply until Wed based on prior experiences, and would be to regular email address versus a secured message!
Will call US Bank on Monday to inquire, at least to have a note put on account on this issue.

Once we finish all our stays in 2016, these cards will be canceled without regret. US Bank is the least competitive bank among the main banks. A friend stupidly applied the Korean Airlines card issued by US Bank - he is still waiting his sign up bonus SIX months after he has met the spend - each follow up was met with 6 to 8 weeks / 30 days wait pending investigation. I told him to file CFPB as there was a report on FT someone refused to put up with this nonsense and file CFPB. That finally brought US Bank to take action. I hope we dont need to go thru this but if that is the way to make US Bank to act, so be it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.