Carry Over nights, Make Silver or not

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:59 am
mbr
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Carry Over nights, Make Silver or not

Hi all

As a not so experienced CC Gold (got status as shareholder) I have some questions to the renewal of the status.

As some of my projects shifter I have made only 12 nights this year so far. This means I would not even qualify for Silver. On the other side if I understand right I will get the 12 nights rolled over to 2014.

Questions:
- Do I understand right that in case I would make 3 additional nights I would get Silver for 2014 but no nights rolled over so my counter would start at 0 next year?
- If I don't make the 3 nights will they drop me to Silver or straight down to Basic/Red?
- So if I leave it with the 12 I will have 12 nights rolled over and after 3 more nights I would be Silver again and if I even hit 20 more nights (which is likely next year) I would make Gold right? So basically it seems this would be an easier way to make Gold.
- If all of the above is right until when will the Gold Status be valid? Is there any time of the year as of which they will give Gold Status not only for February of the following year but for one more year? Or if you make Gold in December do you really get the Status for only 3 months?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
mbr
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: A3 Gold
You better check on your card as it looks like there is no certain rule on how long a granted status will last.

I was status matched in Oct/12 from Accor Platinum and my Gold status was/is valid 'til Feb/14.

Regarding rollover nights, on late '12 I had 10 nights and none were rolled over.
Anyway, program rules are clear: "Roll Over Nights are any eligible nights earned during each calendar year in excess of those required to qualify the member for their annual elite status qualification tier. Roll Over Nights will automatically be applied toward maintaining or increasing status for the next year. Roll Over Nights only carry forward for one year and expire thereafter."

The good news is there is a "double elite nights" promo going on, check out the forum index, that might help you to keep at least silver in case you were not matched until 2015. There is no "soft landing", you will be dropped straight to red.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:21 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by mbr
Hi all

As a not so experienced CC Gold (got status as shareholder) I have some questions to the renewal of the status.

As some of my projects shifter I have made only 12 nights this year so far. This means I would not even qualify for Silver. On the other side if I understand right I will get the 12 nights rolled over to 2014.

Questions:
- Do I understand right that in case I would make 3 additional nights I would get Silver for 2014 but no nights rolled over so my counter would start at 0 next year?
- If I don't make the 3 nights will they drop me to Silver or straight down to Basic/Red?
- So if I leave it with the 12 I will have 12 nights rolled over and after 3 more nights I would be Silver again and if I even hit 20 more nights (which is likely next year) I would make Gold right? So basically it seems this would be an easier way to make Gold.
- If all of the above is right until when will the Gold Status be valid? Is there any time of the year as of which they will give Gold Status not only for February of the following year but for one more year? Or if you make Gold in December do you really get the Status for only 3 months?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
mbr

I thought the roll over nights only applied to night over elite status qualification ie nights over silver/gold/Concierge status levels... last year when I was gold from status match I had 13 nights they did not roll over to this year...
Old Nov 20, 2013, 4:34 am
mbr
Original Poster

Interesting. Last year I was silver and have finished only 7 nights and they have been rolled over to this year. That was why I expected to get the roll over nights again.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 7:52 am
mbr
Original Poster

Called the hotline today and not even they were able to tell me if the nights will roll over or not. What to do now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.