Wiki Posts
Search

Points plus $

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Points plus $

For longer stays at the same hotel,5-8 days is Points plus $ better option than book 2 Award days and get One Free?

I never see anyone post about using the Points plus cash is this because it is not the Best use of Points ?

Thanks
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Well, it depends on what are your long term goals?
I am, and I know a lot of CC members also are, saving points for some half points promotion.
Also, on how much cash you have to spend when you are doing a booking. I only make cash + points bookings if I get at least some USD $30 for every 5,000 points as I know 50,000 points can usually get me a room worth $300. Also, with the online booking bonus and actual points credit you sometimes get most of that 5,000 back.
Also, remember that with the credit card you can get only one award night for every stay, no matter how long.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Thanks M.
I am probably taking my last trip to Europe next year and stay at a Park Inn
I really like near different friends in Germany. This is why I got the CC to lower my costs. Looks as if Points and $ is my best option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.