Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Adittional Spend on an award stay eligible for points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:58 am
Original Poster

I have had a couple of award stays recently, I have billed spend such as dining to my room however have not earned points for this - is that correct?

Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Unfortunately yes. You need to have at least one of the nights as a cash + points booking to be eligible to earn points on the additional spend.

Please voice your discontent to Club Carlson in the hope that they rethink this rule. It makes no sense, as on a reward stay you have no incentive to give the hotel any incidental business.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
On a somewhat related topic.. I'm looking to book a total of 4 nights, two will be on points while the other two will be straight cash. Will it matter which two come first (on the basis of earning points on the cash stay)?
Old Oct 20, 2013, 6:20 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by raiz
On a somewhat related topic.. I'm looking to book a total of 4 nights, two will be on points while the other two will be straight cash. Will it matter which two come first (on the basis of earning points on the cash stay)?
It really depends on how the hotel handles it.

My guess is that it's best to have the cash part last, and the Check In / checkout and then move the charges from the first booking to to the last.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 6:24 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by 21H21J
Unfortunately yes. You need to have at least one of the nights as a cash + points booking to be eligible to earn points on the additional spend.

Please voice your discontent to Club Carlson in the hope that they rethink this rule. It makes no sense, as on a reward stay you have no incentive to give the hotel any incidental business.
I fired off an email to Gold CS, hope others do the same.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 21H21J

Unfortunately it was an outright points stay, so I guess the incidental spend is ineligible for points. I know this is not the case with SPG or Hilton Honours, so it is certainly disappointing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.