Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Question about the "last night free" benefit from the credit card.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about the "last night free" benefit from the credit card.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:30 am

Wanted to ask an additional question on this...Two separate people book nights (I book the first two nights, my friend books the 3rd and 4th night), if we both have the credit card there should not be any issues with this, correct? Even if I were to transfer the points from my account to theirs. Would it be advisable to not add the others name to the reservation just in case? Thank you.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:44 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
Two separate people book nights (I book the first two nights, my friend books the 3rd and 4th night), if we both have the credit card there should not be any issues with this, correct?
There shouldn't be. To be on the safe side avoid doing anything to link the reservations. At the hotel, expect to vacate your first room and check out on time after the second night. Don't expect to check in early for the third night.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by IMH
There shouldn't be. To be on the safe side avoid doing anything to link the reservations. At the hotel, expect to vacate your first room and check out on time after the second night. Don't expect to check in early for the third night.
My wife and I each have CC credit cards. I booked two nights at the Rad Blu Royal CPH on points and my wife booked the next two nights on points for a trip we are taking over NYE. Why do you think we would have to vacate the room between the two reservations? Has this happened?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 12:12 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Zhaunk
Why do you think we would have to vacate the room between the two reservations?
You might not have to, but to avoid disappointment it's wise to assume that you will.

You've chosen -- for understandable reasons -- to make two separate reservations. You therefore have to accept that the hotel will treat them as such. (That could be a good thing, for example if there's upgrade availability for just one of the two stays.)
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I dont think hotels actually care - husband and wife or friends booking rooms back to back are very common occurrences for various reasons. Hotels are often very accommodating - the only time they dont let you stay at the same room for the second half would be due to the first stay has an upgraded room and then said upgrade cannot be extended on the 2nd stay so you would need to move room. Such scenario does not need to happen on award booking, we have had this happened on revenue booking with various hotel chains on different occasions - that is fully understandable. When the hotel can extend the upgrade to the whole period, they often are very happy to do so.

I would say to let the front desk know at check in if you prefer to stay in the same room for all 4 days. Else, you can play the upgrade roulette and see if you get a nice upgrade at the first check in, then ask if same can be extended to the 2nd booking. If you dont care about upgrade, by all means, let the front desk know you have 2 reservations under different names but both travelers are traveling together. I have not seen a single hotel would not let you stay at same room if no upgrade is involved.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:51 pm

Happy - your post made me happy. We've booked club rooms so, again, I would be happy just getting what we booked. But I'd be happier, of course, in a junior suite...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.