Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

2nd free night Club Carlson visa (ends June 1, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Brendan
This thread is about a benefit that ended on June 1, 2015 at 11PM CDT (Chicago time.)

Any "last night free" bookings made by that date should be honoured. Discussion of changes to the Club Carlson Visa card benefits are in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carlson-club-carlson/1669289-bonus-award-night-going-away-june-1st-2015-a.html
Print Wikipost

2nd free night Club Carlson visa (ends June 1, 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by eethan
I'm going to apply for the card soon, but Paris hotels are filling fast. If I make the 2-night award bookings now, will I get a points refund after completing the stay in Sept?

Also, I'm going to book Nights 1-2 & 4-5 using 2-for-1 awards and pay for night 3. Will this work or is there a better way?

When you make a 2-night award reservation, they only deduct one night worth of points (if you have the card), so you don't have to worry about any refund later.

If five nights and if you have enough points, you can book 1 & 2 using your points (getting night 2 free), night 3 under your spouse/another persons name, and then 4 and 5 under your points, in turn getting night 5 free. So you'll just end up paying for one night and 2 nights worth of points. Or you can move to a different hotel on day 3....also, if the person traveling with you has a club carlson card, you can make a points reservation under their name on day 3 and continue staying in the same hotel, in turn making the entire stay free on points.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Thanks for the clarification. How soon after we are approved / activate the visa card can we start using the 2-for-1 benefit?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Have you been reading the other threads on this perk?

You had better act fast as it is going away by the end of May.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by eethan
Thanks for the clarification. How soon after we are approved / activate the visa card can we start using the 2-for-1 benefit?
You see the benefit right away, even before you actually make your first transaction. You don't need to use the card to pay for the stay either..just as long as you are a cardholder.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
Can I book 2 rooms from 2 accounts and get 2nd night free on both?

Wondering if anyone has had success booking two rooms from two different accounts with the same name (one personal, one business) and getting the second night free on both. Same hotel, 2 rooms, 2 nights.

Last edited by fivegirls; Apr 24, 2015 at 10:16 pm
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:57 am

Yes, I have done this and it has worked for me.
Old May 9, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Is it safe to say that it's too late for my wife to apply and get the bonus points by 31-May?

I read Club Carlson is lax on transferring points. If she applies for the card, can I then transfer her 50k points so she can make a booking and get a 2nd free night before doomsday (31-May)?

I've got the CC points, but trying to book a 4-night stay and need her to make the reservation for the 2nd 2 nights.
Old May 9, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: AA,UA,BA,SPG,IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, UR, MR
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Is it safe to say that it's too late for my wife to apply and get the bonus points by 31-May?

I read Club Carlson is lax on transferring points. If she applies for the card, can I then transfer her 50k points so she can make a booking and get a 2nd free night before doomsday (31-May)?

I've got the CC points, but trying to book a 4-night stay and need her to make the reservation for the 2nd 2 nights.
Definitely too late for her to apply and receive her own bonus points by May 31; however, you definitely can transfer points from your account to hers once she has the card open. My wife and I have transferred points between our accounts on several occasions. I believe it can only be done over the phone (at least, that's how we did it). The points were transferred immediately and were available for immediate redemption.
Old May 9, 2015, 8:38 am

8 nights/4 free couple each has 1 business 1 personal cards

We've booked 4 consecutive nights/2 free many times using his card for 2 and mine for the next 2. Is it possible to get 6 or 8 nights using his business/my business/his personal/my personal cards? We're going to Paris in 2016 and would like to not change hotels which is how we've handled it in past years.
Old May 9, 2015, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by fivegirls
Wondering if anyone has had success booking two rooms from two different accounts with the same name (one personal, one business) and getting the second night free on both. Same hotel, 2 rooms, 2 nights.
Yes. If you can book it online, it's going to work just fine 98% of the time. They won't manually cancel your reservations from anything I've read or experienced.
Old May 9, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA,UA, BA, DAL, FB
Wife and I spent 6 nites at the Vienna RB using alternate accounts, paid for 3 nites with points and got 3 nites free. No problem. Very nice place, by the way. Just wish they included breakfast.
Old May 11, 2015, 6:48 pm

Thanks -I do worry about the 2%. I didn't mind moving to a different hotel before when we stayed 8 nights. It was fun to explore a different neighborhood- but this time we're going to Paris for just 6 nights and I'm willing to hope we're not the 2%. We love Vienna and hope to get back again soon. It's an underrated city imho.
Old May 20, 2015, 9:39 pm

Just wanted to double check regarding booking for 5 nights.

My plan is to book days 1-2 for one bonus night.
Use points + cash for day 3.
Then book day 4-5 for one more bonus night.

That would work? or has the system changed? thanks
Old May 20, 2015, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by buggy51
Just wanted to double check regarding booking for 5 nights.

My plan is to book days 1-2 for one bonus night.
Use points + cash for day 3.
Then book day 4-5 for one more bonus night.

That would work? or has the system changed? thanks
You will need to book day 3 on a different account or pay all cash, otherwise No as it will seen as one continuous stay.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:59 am

I don't think this could possibly be correct, although you might have to book it in a certain order to make it work. If you book the two reward stays a day apart first, they will definitely work, and the system would definitely allow you to then book the cash and points stay in between the two reward stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.