Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

2nd free night Club Carlson visa (ends June 1, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Brendan
This thread is about a benefit that ended on June 1, 2015 at 11PM CDT (Chicago time.)

Any "last night free" bookings made by that date should be honoured. Discussion of changes to the Club Carlson Visa card benefits are in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carlson-club-carlson/1669289-bonus-award-night-going-away-june-1st-2015-a.html
Print Wikipost

2nd free night Club Carlson visa (ends June 1, 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by vd0t
Does this benefit work even if I am the supplementary/secondary card holder?
No.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:35 pm

What's the best strategy for combining multiple reservations--wait until I arrive at the hotel and check in for the first night or can I do it ahead of time? I'd prefer to do ahead of time but don't want to draw undue attention to my using free 2nd night more than once by using 2 different accounts.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by happy2traveler202
What's the best strategy for combining multiple reservations--wait until I arrive at the hotel and check in for the first night or can I do it ahead of time? I'd prefer to do ahead of time but don't want to draw undue attention to my using free 2nd night more than once by using 2 different accounts.
Just wait until you get there....worst case scenario, they'll make you change rooms. But most likely you'll stay put in the same room.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by happy2traveler202
As suggested earlier, I would wait until arrival at the hotel; and then in the morning after the first night, I would talk to the front desk and inform them about the second reservation and ask them to block the room for the second reservation so you don't need to change rooms. Also inform them that you don't want the reservations combined and you want to keep separate the charges for the first two nights' folio from the second reservation's folio.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:26 am

Thanks for your suggestions. Makes a lot of sense.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:10 am

I may have missed this and I don't have the points necessary to try yet. My question, if I want to book two rooms, would I get a free night for each one? My guess is no. I wanted to take my mom and m.i.l along with my wife and I and get a second room. Anyone ever tried this?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:31 am
Suspended

Sorry guys, but I just read on some blog that they are going to do away with the 2nd Free night on a 2 or more night reward reservation and instead institute an annual Free night after $10,000 spend. That will really stink and no, I don't think it was an April Fool's Joke.

Won't really affect me -- except for the 2nd Free Night deal -- as I originally got the No Fee credit card so as to take advantage of same.

If true, then the cc product and the program as a whole are in serious decline.

Only good thing I can say is that it looks like Wyndham Rewards may soon get very interesting with their Rewards Program revamp to take place some time in May, when CC credit cardholders lose this perk.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:35 am

Nevermind. Tried booking a 9000 point room elsewhere and I only get 1 night free
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:57 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I just read [...] that they are going to do away with the 2nd Free night on a 2 or more night reward reservation and instead institute an annual Free night after $10,000 spend.
Yes (and the new free night will only be valid at properties in the US ). More in the dedicated thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carls...st-2015-a.html
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:55 pm

Up to June lst, you can still book the last night free award for dates after June lst. I booked something for December today.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
This is strange. I have a personal and business card. I have sme 4 night reservations coming up. Two night booked from one of my accounts and two nights from another. Had not been a problem in the past and always was able to stay in the same room nce I arrived at the hotel.

Now, my reservations are showing up in both accounts, not just the one that I took the posts from. What is even stranger is that I can't change or cancel these reservations on line!

Has anyone else had this problem? Any Person out there that may have consecutive nights booked from different accounts seeing this also?

Now,it looks like I have to call as I need to do some changes to these bookings as dates are no longer working for me,
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
This is strange. I have a personal and business card. I have sme 4 night reservations coming up. Two night booked from one of my accounts and two nights from another. Had not been a problem in the past and always was able to stay in the same room nce I arrived at the hotel.

Now, my reservations are showing up in both accounts, not just the one that I took the posts from. What is even stranger is that I can't change or cancel these reservations on line!

Has anyone else had this problem? Any Person out there that may have consecutive nights booked from different accounts seeing this also?

Now,it looks like I have to call as I need to do some changes to these bookings as dates are no longer working for me,
I had this issue in the past. Turned out the hotel proactively compiled the two reservations under my "name" and it showed in both accounts. (I've seen this mostly in Asia, not US) In the end, the points/free night was taken from each account though
Old Apr 4, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Sorry guys, but I just read on some blog that they are going to do away with the 2nd Free night on a 2 or more night reward reservation and instead institute an annual Free night after $10,000 spend. That will really stink and no, I don't think it was an April Fool's Joke.

Won't really affect me -- except for the 2nd Free Night deal -- as I originally got the No Fee credit card so as to take advantage of same.

If true, then the cc product and the program as a whole are in serious decline.

Only good thing I can say is that it looks like Wyndham Rewards may soon get very interesting with their Rewards Program revamp to take place some time in May, when CC credit cardholders lose this perk.

my card wallet is about to get a little bit lighter

thanks for the heads up
Old Apr 4, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Why are they still advertising the free bonus night at the credit card signup link? I know it's still technically a benefit until the end of next month, but it misleads new enrollees as it's the biggest selling point of the card.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
I'm going to apply for the card soon, but Paris hotels are filling fast. If I make the 2-night award bookings now, will I get a points refund after completing the stay in Sept?

Also, I'm going to book Nights 1-2 & 4-5 using 2-for-1 awards and pay for night 3. Will this work or is there a better way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.