Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

2nd free night Club Carlson visa (ends June 1, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Brendan
This thread is about a benefit that ended on June 1, 2015 at 11PM CDT (Chicago time.)

Any "last night free" bookings made by that date should be honoured. Discussion of changes to the Club Carlson Visa card benefits are in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carlson-club-carlson/1669289-bonus-award-night-going-away-june-1st-2015-a.html
Print Wikipost

2nd free night Club Carlson visa (ends June 1, 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2013, 7:15 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Tizzette
It seems clear that the intent is that individual hotels not be burdened by having to give more than one free bonus night per hotel per member.
+ per year.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
It seems clear that the intent is that individual hotels not be burdened by having to give more than one free bonus night per hotel per member.
Your opinion brings up an interesting question: who is paying for the Bonus Award Night?

Is it the individual hotel owner?
Is it the Club Carlson program?
Is it U.S. Bank?

All I know is I am not paying (directly).
Old Aug 18, 2013, 7:32 pm

In the other programs like SPG and HH, the program pays the hotel when you redeem points or free night awards but the rate is quite low.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
In the other programs like SPG and HH, the program pays the hotel when you redeem points or free night awards but the rate is quite low.
In all programs that I know of the card issuers buy points from hotel programs and the card holders in turn use the points they earn (through cc spending) to book award nights.

The Club Carlson card goes beyond that. Does U.S. Bank buy nights in addition to points from Club Carlson?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrSifu
"Only one Bonus Award Night will be available for a stay of two or more consecutive nights at the same hotel (early checkout with one night stay not eligible), regardless of the total length of stay, the total number of reservations or the number of check-in/check-outs"

Sounds like the best you could do is a total of four nights, two under your name and two under your husband's name.

You run the risk of them enforcing the T&Cs if you try more.
How do I get a total of four night. Please explain
Old Aug 19, 2013, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by vrzz123
How do I get a total of four night. Please explain
You need 2 accounts each associated with the credit card. Then just alternate 2 night reservations.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

How is this not considered a continuous stay
Night 1 &2 under my name and using points -night 2 is free from the credit card
Night 3&4 under my husbands name using points and night 4 free from credit card
Night 5-9 reservstion under my nane and husband via travel agent paid with cash
Night 9-10 - under my name using points night 10 free from credit card

Would I be able to get night 10 free? Isn't this a continuous stay? Also the rules say can't check in and check out?
Isn't this what I'm doing- checking in and checking out

Only one Bonus Award Night will be available for a stay of two or more consecutive nights at the same hotel (early checkout with one night stay not eligible), regardless of the total length of stay, the total number of reservations or the number of check-in/check-outs, is subject to availability and all other terms and conditions and cancellation policies regarding Award Nights apply. Does not apply to additional reservations booked as contiguous stays at the same hotel. Only one room per reservation, per hotel for an Award Stay will be eligible to receive the Bonus Award Night offer.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Well, there are certainly many items in that paragraph that could be interpreted in different ways. Like I said before, my wife and I have only done the 4-night today stay (two separate 2-night reservations) and then had the clerk combine the two reservations when checking in to avoid having to move rooms.

This is where it stopped, however. The trick is to have someone with an upcoming stay book nights 5&6 back on the first person's account again (the one who also had booked nights 1&2). This will be the true test of if this will work - anyone game to try?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Neil35
In all programs that I know of the card issuers buy points from hotel programs and the card holders in turn use the points they earn (through cc spending) to book award nights.

The Club Carlson card goes beyond that. Does U.S. Bank buy nights in addition to points from Club Carlson?
Whether they call it free nights or points, the credit card companies are still buying them from the hotel points programs. When you redeem them, the hotel gets paid for your stay by the hotel points program. It's is a lower rate than any guest would have pay for a room.
Old May 22, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Can anyone advise on how many days it typically takes for the 2nd free night benefit to be added to your Club Carlson account after you are approved by US Bank for the card?

I have a trip to Amsterdam a week from now that just got booked out of the blu and I'd like to be able to take advantage of the 2nd free night benefit next week (assuming availability is still open at the Radison Blu, which it is right now). I have the points, I just need the status/credit card link to kick in so I'm eligible to book it. Thanks for any advice/experiences that people can share...
Old May 22, 2014, 2:21 pm

For me it was almost instant. It doesn't indicate anywhere that you have it. But when I booked a 2 night stay on the final page it was for 50% of the points. If you associated your membership number when you signed up I'd say try it now, it might already be working.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:33 pm

Trying to do the following, online it allowed me to do so and have a confirmation, but wanted to get some consensus from some that have experienced the same.

Night 1 and 2 - My Credit Card and Club Carlson Account (Reservation under my name)
Night 3 and 4 - My Mom's Credit Card and Club Carlson Account (Reservation under my name)

Should i book Night 3 and 4 under my wife's name to avoid issues (mom not traveling with us)? Or, since the fact that it allowed me to book them without any issues to leave it alone (i.e. 4 consecutive nights from two account all under one name)

thanks
Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:10 am

I assume these are award bookings and second night free, however, from everything I have seen before, this is not possible. The website has always prepopulated the name for the booking using the club Carlson account information and would not allow me to change it, so I don't understand how you used your mom's club Carlson account and put the reservation in your name. It sounds to me like something has gone wrong and you need to check your reservations to make sure that they are set up the way you think they are.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
I assume these are award bookings and second night free, however, from everything I have seen before, this is not possible. The website has always prepopulated the name for the booking using the club Carlson account information and would not allow me to change it, so I don't understand how you used your mom's club Carlson account and put the reservation in your name. It sounds to me like something has gone wrong and you need to check your reservations to make sure that they are set up the way you think they are.
It allowed me to change the name/address and email address. I also got the confirmation in my email (as i had changed it from my moms to mine). Just double checked loging into my mom's account and says Guest Name: WrldTrvlnIndian.

Given the above, it should work out, right? The stay is not until Sept 2015. Thought maybe i call the hotel as it gets closer to let them know to merge the two so i don't have to check out.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:03 pm

Yes, in my, albeit limited, experience, if the computer lets you do it, then no one has ever questioned it after that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.