Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking for friends using last night free

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Booking for friends using last night free

To prevent abusing the last-night-free-credit-card offer, I assume it will have to be the hotel front desk to ensure that the credit card holder instead of someone else is staying at the hotel.

What if I add my friend as an additional guest and tell the front desk to allow him/her check in before I "arrive"? Will most hotels require the credit card holder to show up in order to honor the promotion? What happens if I do not show up? Thanks.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by tylergupku
To prevent abusing the last-night-free-credit-card offer, I assume it will have to be the hotel front desk to ensure that the credit card holder instead of someone else is staying at the hotel.

What if I add my friend as an additional guest and tell the front desk to allow him/her check in before I "arrive"? Will most hotels require the credit card holder to show up in order to honor the promotion? What happens if I do not show up? Thanks.

Technically, you don't have to use CC credit card to get the free night..only that the cardholder is staying on that reservation. So, you can possibly have your friend check in early and either prepay or have your friend use his/her cc to pay for the room and still get the free night. But, YMMV.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 6:39 pm

Did this twice for reservations for my parents: booked for three of us when only they would be traveling. Simply notated they would be arriving before me and should be permitted to check in. They didn't have a problem.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:29 pm

You can book for others. I booked for a stay for my dad under his name for a 2 night stay.

My wife also has the card. we booked back to back 2x2 reservations(I book first 2 night, wife books 2nd 2 nights) for my dad which will begin in a week. This I have not tried but hopefully no issues. Dad had no issues in Dallas, he will be doing hte same but a 2by2 booking in Atlanta in a week. Followed by 2X2 booking in NYC.

You can actually change the guest name on the reservation without selecting "booking for other guest".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.