Community
Wiki Posts
Search

post on free breakfast for gold members

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Free breakfast used to be perk for Gold members, but since the change in the name it is perk available only to Concierge level - see here.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by USAFAN
Would I get free breakfast for gold members ... when I redeem Points?

"...When you redeem Gold Points for Award Nights of two or more consecutive nights at the same participating Carlson Rezidor hotel property, you will receive the last of the Award Nights of that stay free without deduction of any Gold Points from your Club Carlson account..."
I believe this applies only to those who have Carlson membership AND Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by vbroucek
I believe this applies only to those who have Carlson membership AND Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card.
As the free award night comes with the card and it's not possible to have the card without a membership I'm not sure where you going with this?
Old Apr 2, 2013, 12:28 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Free breakfast for 2 on a points stay at Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam. A really terrific breakfast spread, too, with lots of hot and cold items.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
And any of their credit cards, I believe.

To add to the OP's topic: At the Radisson PVD airport, it's an option among room upgrade to a suite, and in-room amenity. There might be another option that I can't remember. But this was the m.o. I was told. I was also told that the options m.o. is corporate-wide policy, though I am aware that it's not, or if it is, it's not applied consistently. Anyway, I chose breakfast, it was any entree, including lobster benedict, and I was not disappointed.

Last edited by Firewind; Apr 3, 2013 at 5:44 am Reason: Little bit more clarity, maybe
Old Apr 3, 2013, 5:35 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Gold, Le Club des Actionnaires
I have never had free breakfast as a separate benefit. However, some hotels do consistently upgrade this gold member to room categories that automatically include breakfast - suites or business class rooms.

This applies at
RadissonBlu Malta Golden Sands
RadissonBlu Hotel Tallinn
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: All of the Above
As a gold received free breakfast at Radisson Blu in Cork and Dublin recently.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Nestor
I have never had free breakfast as a separate benefit. However, some hotels do consistently upgrade this gold member to room categories that automatically include breakfast - suites or business class rooms.

This applies at
RadissonBlu Malta Golden Sands
RadissonBlu Hotel Tallinn
Yes, that's how I'm getting free breakfasts... So, in some sense it is an indirect Gold perk, but definitely not a direct perk.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 8:59 am

Yes, that's how I'm getting free breakfasts... So, in some sense it is an indirect Gold perk, but definitely not a direct perk.
I only didn't get it once and was surprised by that since I thought it was a direct perk. Anyone venture to guess a % of free breakfasts?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 10:02 pm

Got free breakfast for two for two nights at Radisson Los Angeles USC after asking if it is included in the room rate.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by mike-88
Got free breakfast for two for two nights at Radisson Los Angeles USC after asking if it is included in the room rate.
Don't even remind me of that one - had business class room booking there in June 2012 for two people. For some strange reason, the included breakfast was for one person only... There are also other reasons why I would never ever return to that hotel...
Old Apr 8, 2013, 1:45 pm

No breakfast:

Chicago Radisson Blu
Paris Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees
Radisson Blu Rome

Breakfast:

New York Radisson
Radisson Blu Venice
Radisson Blu Cannes
Radisson Blu Nice

MOST of the time, free breakfast is stated in the Rate Details/Descriptions. Only NYC was an upgrade to suite/biz resulting in free breakfast that was not listed in Rate Details/Descriptions.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
No Breakfast
Mayfair London [horrible service btw]

Free Breakfast [no idea if included in the rate]
Radisson Decapolis PTY
Radisson Blu Bosphorus IST
Old Jun 7, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
half of the time I have been issued two certificates automatically, the other half I ask, nicely, always get free breakfast.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I have a stay at Austin Radisson next week...
will enjoy 2 nights for 44K as I do have the VISA card.

FWIW.... I asked hotel, they can add breakfast for 15K points,
not sure if that is worth it, probably not.
(But 2 nights parking for 6K ... maybe.. .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.