Wiki Posts
Search

Best Club Carlson option for Berlin

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Best Club Carlson option for Berlin

Hello everyone. Going to Europe from the US this summer and planning to be in Berlin for four nights. Have enough points and the new Club Carlson card to spend for the trip. Can you all give me your opinion on what would be the best option for my first visit to the city? I would like to do all of the tourist stuff and will be going in early August.
1. Radisson Blu Berlin
2. Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte
3. Park Inn Berlin Alexanderplatz

We won't spend a lot of time in the hotel other than to sleep, so location to the train stops and ease of getting around is probably paramount. Well, that and a clean friendly place to stay at least.

Thanks in advance. With the card, I just might split the stay into two 2-night stays if there are two choices that stand out.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 9:16 pm

The Radisson Blu is obviously the nicest hotel of the 3. The Park Inn (which is the only one of the 3 I've actually stayed at), is neat because it's so huge, but the hotel itself is pretty mediocre. Location-wise, the Radisson Blu and the Park Inn are pretty close together, and very close to the train depot. Don't know anything about the Park Plaza.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...wne-plaza.html
Old Jan 27, 2013, 2:11 am

Programs: Priority Club Plat
The radisson is cool because it has that aquarium around the elevator
Old Jan 27, 2013, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by darkhunter
The radisson is cool because it has that aquarium around the elevator
The aquarium elevator is certainly unique but overrated. Doesn't look like much when you're actually in the elevator.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Awesome, thanks for the link. I did a search on Berlin, before posting but must have just skipped over this one when my brain saw Crowne Plaza in the title. Very helpful and I appreciate it.

Seems like a 2-night stay at the Blu and a 2-night stay at the Park Inn might work just fine...especially when the second night is free at each with the new Credit Card benefit.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
Park Inn will save you 5-10 min walk to public transport (I appreciated that in cold weather) and has nice views, though at Radisson I was given a room facing the cathedral which was nice.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
Awesome, thanks for the link. I did a search on Berlin, before posting but must have just skipped over this one when my brain saw Crowne Plaza in the title. Very helpful and I appreciate it.

Seems like a 2-night stay at the Blu and a 2-night stay at the Park Inn might work just fine...especially when the second night is free at each with the new Credit Card benefit.
If you are fine with hotel switching, it's not a terrible option. They are 1 tram stop and a 5 minute walk from each other. You can see the Park Inn from most of the city, so you won't get lost. If you're flying into TXL, the bus comes pretty near to there if you want to save a little $.

However, for a points reservation, the Radisson Blu is a much better redemption. For 6K extra points, you will have a great value. But, with the cc, it makes sense.

Have fun
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
definitely the Radisson Blu for 44k for two nights!

if you have a travel companion who also has the club carlson credit card. make 2 reservations between the two of you so you don't have to switch hotels yet perfectly comply with the 2 for 1 terms!

have fun!
Old Jan 27, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: EBG, FBG, SPG Gold, CC Gold, etc.
The Radisson Blu is a fantastic hotel, though a notch down from the Park Inn in terms of location. Have fun in Berlin
Old Feb 1, 2013, 4:22 pm

I stayed at the Wallstreet Park Plaza in August of 2012, and it was a good option. There is a train stop seconds away but it depends where you are trying to go in Berlin whether it is quick and easy to get to.

The Radisson Blu is probably nicer but this hotel (Park Plaza Wallstreet) was nicer than I expected. The "wallstreet" theme would be a bit passe in the US, but in Germany it is almost humorous. (For example, the huge dollar bill carpet on the floor which gave me a chuckle). I paid for the accomodations and my companions were impressed with it, although they are more 2 star type travellers. The Cappucino maker was broken in my room, but as I am not a Cappuccino fan anyway I didnt really care, and when I did call about it they fixed it within an hour. Also, there is a Sauna downstairs I believe in the health club area although it might not be open by the time you get there at night.

Enjoy!

Last edited by jhouse45; Feb 1, 2013 at 4:25 pm Reason: Cant spell good
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ldnhlj
definitely the Radisson Blu for 44k for two nights!

if you have a travel companion who also has the club carlson credit card. make 2 reservations between the two of you so you don't have to switch hotels yet perfectly comply with the 2 for 1 terms!

have fun!
where does the 44k number come from? It's 44k per night, right?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:29 pm

Just got back from Radisson Blu and loved it! The location was great, we walked to Weinbar Rutz for dinner which was fabulous! Very good service, we loved the location and as a gold member they gave us free breakfast which was a bonus (the view of the cathedral was fabulous too)
Old Feb 6, 2013, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Any experience with the Art'otel properties in Berlin? I just booked the one in the K'dam and am curious what to expect, or not expect. Seems to be like the Aloft or Indigo brands.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Any experience with the Art'otel properties in Berlin? I just booked the one in the K'dam and am curious what to expect, or not expect. Seems to be like the Aloft or Indigo brands.
I've stayed at the one on Lietzenbergerstr. a few times. They've added a new wing to the hotel which I haven't yet stayed at. It is a decent hotel. Only about 3 blocks from an U-Bahn station. They usually load the 2-4-1 weekend extender rate in their system. I've stayed there for as little as 69 Euros for two nights total. Worth the value for that alone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.