Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Radisson should I choose - Paris?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1P / *A Gold, SPG Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Amtrak S+
I am looking to redeem at stays at Le Dokhan and Metropolitan for 3 adults, but would rather not have to shell out for 2 rooms. Are there any options to beg them nicely to change to King & Couch or 2 Queens. Can someone confirm the rollaway bed charge is 90euros (?!) per night, as I read somewhere in this thread.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: Doing GS11, probably affiliated with every program out there
I think you guys talked me into booking the Le Dokhan :P Thanks
Old Aug 9, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

Just finishing up my two nights in the Eiffel Suite ( paid upgrade from Business room booked with points). My wife loved it! It has charm
Old Aug 9, 2014, 2:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

@Novagal
Write them an email they are quick to respond and easy to work with
Old Aug 10, 2014, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Just finishing up my two nights in the Eiffel Suite ( paid upgrade from Business room booked with points). My wife loved it! It has charm
How much was it to upgrade?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:55 am

The upgrade was very reasonable. Not disclosing the amount as I am not sure how public this can be and I want to do it again Sorry need to be selfish
Old Aug 11, 2014, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by blitzen
The upgrade was very reasonable. Not disclosing the amount as I am not sure how public this can be and I want to do it again Sorry need to be selfish
All due respect, not very FT like. But to each their own.

Last edited by fireworksboy; Aug 11, 2014 at 9:14 pm
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
Originally Posted by Novagal
I am looking to redeem at stays at Le Dokhan and Metropolitan for 3 adults, but would rather not have to shell out for 2 rooms. Are there any options to beg them nicely to change to King & Couch or 2 Queens. Can someone confirm the rollaway bed charge is 90euros (?!) per night, as I read somewhere in this thread.
In Le Dokhan you can email them to ask to pay for upgrade to a business room, it's what I did couple of years back, was around 100Euro an night if I remember correctly.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Just a few notes after a recent stay at the Le Met, with my family, as I used this thread extensively in deciding which Radisson to pick for our trip. I think as a solo business traveler, I preferred my previous experience at the CE - I had a larger room there, and liked the convenience to Line 1 of the metro. When travelling with kids, however, I think the Met worked out better. We had asked for connecting rooms, and received two rooms that each had doors leading into a tiny anteroom, which then had a door to the main hallway. As such we were able to keep the outer door locked, prop open the two inner doors, and have a little suite. The rooms were smaller than the CE (basically enough room for the bed and a table and nothing else), but both had balconies that you could step out onto and get a view of the Eiffel Tower. The location was very good for family travel, in that there is a supermarket (open quite late) and Paul bakery directly across the street. There are also two drugstores next door, which proved useful when one of my kids fell sick. The neighborhood has a number of restaurants in a lower price point than those near the CE - we only tried one of these, but it was quite good (and kid friendly). Easy walk down the street to the Trocodero metro-- not the most convenient line for all tourist activities, but not bad. Its also nice to walk over to the Eiffel Tower side of Trocodero at night to interact with the large crowds there to see the tower all lit up. My kids enjoyed seeing what the street vendors were selling, and there were some booths set up to sell street food and whatnot. I'm not sure we would have gone there had we been staying somewhere else, but since we were constantly using the metro, we'd wander through every night before returning to the hotel.

Also as a note for travelling families, there is a Laundromat a couple of doors down from the hotel, which made it very convenient to do our laundry half way through our trip.

I also found the head concierge at the Le Met (Nicolas) to be quite helpful.

So overall, I'd say the Le Met is a good choice if you are travelling with kids.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Best way to get from CDG - Metropolitan?

Can you suggest the best way (not taxi) to get from CDG to the Metropolitan? We'll have luggage, but it's just carry on size, so no trouble and don't mind walking. We usually stay at the Intercontinental in the Opera district so take the bus directly there. Not sure what the best bet is to get over to the Metropolitan.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I'm by no means a Paris expert, and I'd suggest you take a look at the various threads on getting into the city from the airport on the France board. Generally the respondents on that board suggest that the best approach if you have multiple people is to take a taxi-- that is what we did to/from Le Met last summer. I have, on other trips, taken the bus into town and also the train, and do think that the taxi is the best bet if you have more than one person.

The train is the least expensive option, though navigating the station transfers can be very confusing if you aren't familiar with the transfer station (and if you're tired from a long incoming flight). Luggage can also be a challenge with the transfers - I've seen lots of people struggling to get suitcases up and down stairs. It doesn't sound like you'll have that problem, though. You'd take the RER into the city, transfer to the metro, and then walk to the hotel from the Trocodero stop. The walk is easy - less than 10 minutes, very flat, and not too many curbs.

You could also take the AirFrance bus to Porte Maillot and then take a taxi from there, but I don't think it would be much of a cost savings over the taxi from cdg if there are two (or more) of you, and it would certainly take longer.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Trying to help a friend book an anniversary trip to Paris this coming year, he's got points for everything but when we look at award availability, this is what we see for basically all of 2015:

I called Club Carlson customer support and the rep I spoke with said that lots of these overseas hotels are privately owned and they can kind of do whatever they want with award availability. Additionally, she suggested that maybe the hotels don't make 2015 award space available until Jan. 1st, but that was just an idea. Anybody know why these 3 hotels aren't showing any award space at all for next year as of right now? TIA!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by dajoip
Trying to help a friend book an anniversary trip to Paris this coming year, he's got points for everything but when we look at award availability, this is what we see for basically all of 2015:

I called Club Carlson customer support and the rep I spoke with said that lots of these overseas hotels are privately owned and they can kind of do whatever they want with award availability. Additionally, she suggested that maybe the hotels don't make 2015 award space available until Jan. 1st, but that was just an idea. Anybody know why these 3 hotels aren't showing any award space at all for next year as of right now? TIA!
I have a reservation in July at Le Dokhan's. My wife and I using points for six nights. Some how I messed up the first two nights, and only booked one, missing out on my free night with the CC Visa.

I spoke with the hotel and they would not open anything up. Club Carlson has not been helpful either. They say the hotel is not allowing bookings for these dates.

me: So, they are blacking them out.

CC: Well, yes.

me: But there are no black out dates.

CC: Right, but they are unavailable.

me: So, they are blacked out.

CC: Right, they are unavaiable.

CC: Right, there are no black out dates. At this time, we can not book any awards at the these properties.

Huh?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gblakeb
I have a reservation in July at Le Dokhan's. My wife and I using points for six nights. Some how I messed up the first two nights, and only booked one, missing out on my free night with the CC Visa.

I spoke with the hotel and they would not open anything up. Club Carlson has not been helpful either. They say the hotel is not allowing bookings for these dates.

me: So, they are blacking them out.

CC: Well, yes.

CC: Right, but they are unavailable.

me: So, they are blacked out.

CC: Right, they are unavaiable.

CC: Right, there are no black out dates. At this time, we can not book any awards at the these properties.

Huh?
People on FT always confuse blackout dates with capacity controls.

Blackout dates = no award rooms were ever available for these dates, period.

Capacity control = we're only going to have N rooms (N = a number between 1 and whatever is the total number of rooms in the hotel) available on a given date; after they are all booked, no more rooms available

What you've run into is capacity control.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
People on FT always confuse blackout dates with capacity controls.

Blackout dates = no award rooms were ever available for these dates, period.

Capacity control = we're only going to have N rooms (N = a number between 1 and whatever is the total number of rooms in the hotel) available on a given date; after they are all booked, no more rooms available

What you've run into is capacity control.
So capacity control limits all 3 of these hotels to zero available rooms/days for all of 2015...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.