Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Radisson should I choose - Paris?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Thanks for the discussion. Let me see if I got this right.

I will be spending 6 nights in paris and I hate to change hotels.

On a 6 night stay, location becomes quite important. As we will be mostly out, we are not that concerned about room size. As a first time visitor to paris, champs elysee would be the best option?
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
Thanks for the discussion. Let me see if I got this right.

I will be spending 6 nights in paris and I hate to change hotels.

On a 6 night stay, location becomes quite important. As we will be mostly out, we are not that concerned about room size. As a first time visitor to paris, champs elysee would be the best option?
Select it sooner than later,they are moving to 70k points a night after 15th march reservations
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I would say that CE is a very good location in terms of accessibility to the metro, and also if you like to walk. If you're looking for a "Paris neighborhood" experience, the CE isn't great, since the CE is quite commercial, and the Radisson isn't surrounded by little shops and cafes and such (which the two in Trocodero may be).
Old Mar 4, 2014, 2:06 pm

I don't know if this question is too specific for this thread, but...

We'll be staying at the Radisson Blu CE next month. Does anyone have recommendations for nearby places to eat (breakfast in particular) that are not very expensive? I know "nearby" might be relative, since it's a pretty touristy area, but any recommendations would be welcome.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 3:58 am

Easy. There are two McDonald's on Champs Elysees, which is 10 min walk from the hotel. In addition, a few pastry shops down the block too.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by aarif1
I don't know if this question is too specific for this thread, but...

We'll be staying at the Radisson Blu CE next month. Does anyone have recommendations for nearby places to eat (breakfast in particular) that are not very expensive? I know "nearby" might be relative, since it's a pretty touristy area, but any recommendations would be welcome.
For breakfast, there is a wonderful bakery literally just down ave Marceau, called "Josephine." I went there for bread products every morning, and found it to be as good or better than any other bakery I've tried in Paris -and I've been to a lot . I picked up a sandwich there for lunch one day, so I know they have options during the day, but didn't spend enough time near the CE during the day to have explored the non-breakfast options in that area.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by whimsey21
For breakfast, there is a wonderful bakery literally just down ave Marceau, called "Josephine." I went there for bread products every morning, and found it to be as good or better than any other bakery I've tried in Paris -and I've been to a lot . I picked up a sandwich there for lunch one day, so I know they have options during the day, but didn't spend enough time near the CE during the day to have explored the non-breakfast options in that area.
Thanks! From the website, it looks a little on the expensive side, but that's understandable. I'll be sure to try it at least once!

And we'll probably have breakfast at McDonalds at least once as well... sometimes familiar is good.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: Yes.
We are going to Paris for the first time for 2 days in Sept. We will have our 10 month old in tow, so don't know which would be best (room type and location considering ease of airport and stroller). We generally prefer to stay in more local neighborhoods. Of these options which would you choose?

CE only has a premium room with a double bed. Is that their queen size or is it properly just a double bed?
Dohkan only has a King smoking (yuk) - Charge for kiddo/crib?
Metropolitan only has a King - Charge for kiddo/crib?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by econjon
We are going to Paris for the first time for 2 days in Sept. We will have our 10 month old in tow, so don't know which would be best (room type and location considering ease of airport and stroller). We generally prefer to stay in more local neighborhoods. Of these options which would you choose?

CE only has a premium room with a double bed. Is that their queen size or is it properly just a double bed?
Dohkan only has a King smoking (yuk) - Charge for kiddo/crib?
Metropolitan only has a King - Charge for kiddo/crib?

I have stayed in the CE, and will be staying in the other 2 hotels at the end of the month. For ease from the airport I think CE will be your best bet as there is an air france coach bus that will take you directly to Place de l´Etoile which is very close to the hotel. As for the bed I'm not too sure. I'll post a pic of what my bed looked like there. This is what they gave me when booking a 50k point stay

http://i.imgur.com/XrgoTou.jpg
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:00 pm

I booked a business class room at the CE for 75K points for one night, and initially, there were no other charges. But now my reservation shows a fee of 110 Euros. Is that normal?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
I booked a business class room at the CE for 75K points for one night, and initially, there were no other charges. But now my reservation shows a fee of 110 Euros. Is that normal?
That is a good question. I have a standard room booked on points in January and I now show 90 Euros per night as a fee added.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Something funny going on.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:35 am

I have reservation for next month which was made a few months ago. So far no extra charges.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:02 am

I'll email club carlson and update this thread.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aarif1
I have reservation for next month which was made a few months ago. So far no extra charges.
I have a 2 night stay in a premium room at Le Dokhan's that I made before the devaluation and it now has a 135 euro charge per night on my reservation. I also made a reservation after the deval for an extra night and there is no charge. Weird

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.