Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Cash and Points. . . still earn points on the cash portion?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.

I know that if you book most air tickets using "miles and cash" you do not earn any miles for the flight. For Club Carlson, if I book a room using points and cash, will I receive points on the amount of the cash that I spend on the room? Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
My apologies, but I see now on the site that we do earn points for the cash outlay. However, I could not find if the cash/points night count as a night/stay booked for status purposes? Thanks again.

Last edited by 100countrygoal; Aug 25, 2011 at 8:27 pm
Old Aug 26, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
They count towards status.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:14 pm

Hope this thread isn't too old...

Another couple questions about cash & points... can I use cash & point stays in conjunction with promotions such as the current triple points promotion? And do they earn the online reservation bonus & status bonuses as well?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by aarif1
Hope this thread isn't too old...

Another couple questions about cash & points...
1) can I use cash & point stays in conjunction with promotions such as the current triple points promotion? And
2) do they earn the online reservation bonus & status bonuses as well?
@:-)@:-)

1) yes
2) yes
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by schauschun
@:-)@:-)

1) yes
2) yes
If memory serves, CC is the only one that permits you to earn points on the cash of a Cash and Points outlay, as opposed to SPG, IHG or HHonors.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
If memory serves, CC is the only one that permits you to earn points on the cash of a Cash and Points outlay, as opposed to SPG, IHG or HHonors.
Your memory serves us all correctly in regard to those mentioned programs.

If like SPG and HHonors' cash and point and other redemption stays, these Club Carlson redemption stays count toward status, it sounds like doing five 9,000 point one-night Club Carlson stays to get back 9,000 points per redemption stay was sensible for an additional reason than I had expected.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Your memory serves us all correctly in regard to those mentioned programs.

If like SPG and HHonors' cash and point and other redemption stays, these Club Carlson redemption stays count toward status, it sounds like doing five 9,000 point one-night Club Carlson stays to get back 9,000 points per redemption stay was sensible for an additional reason than I had expected.

Fwiw, the CC customer rep I spoke to said the reward/redemption stays don't count towards status, but points+cash stays do. Basically, any reservation that earns you points (and you paid something for it) is a "qualifying status" stay.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:51 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tsmith12
Fwiw, the CC customer rep I spoke to said the reward/redemption stays don't count towards status, but points+cash stays do. Basically, any reservation that earns you points (and you paid something for it) is a "qualifying status" stay.
Thanks for the correction or at least warning about it.

So incidental charges, such as minibar or bar/restaurant charges, that hit the room's folio on all kinds of redemption stays are good for this purpose?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Still would welcome an answer to GUWonder's question. Unless it's been answered before, in which case, please point me there. Thank you.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
Still would welcome an answer to GUWonder's question. Unless it's been answered before, in which case, please point me there. Thank you.
From what I know, incidental charges don't get you status stays. Room reservation paid for does..even if it was booked at a $1/night rate.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:44 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, tsmith12. It was (like with Hyatt, back in the day, before their computer fixed/nixed it) too good to be true. Though CC has surprised me on another couple of fronts, by making the penny fall our way... So, this was worth asking.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:06 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Are cash & points stays generally eligible for paid upgrades to, say, Business Class Rooms or B&B rates. If so is this likely to be property specific? Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:13 am

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Are cash & points stays generally eligible for paid upgrades to, say, Business Class Rooms or B&B rates. If so is this likely to be property specific? Thanks.
this is up to the property - in general you make a reservation for a specific room. but very hotel will ipgrade you when there is availibility
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:50 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by schauschun
this is up to the property - in general you make a reservation for a specific room. but very hotel will ipgrade you when there is availibility
Radisson Blu Abu Dhabi. All worked very well. Booked std room cash & points & I then enquired about breakfast upon check-in. Was told 110 AED for breakfast or upgrade to Businesss Class for 250 AED. Politely declined. Was then offered 150 for Business Class sea view including breakfast. Done

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.