Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing Alamo Car Rental Bonus Points ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012, 3:18 pm

Still waiting on any points to post from a rental over memorial day weekend. Called ones after a month or two, was told to call back after 12 weeks. Did so, and was told I should see points in a week, but got nothing. Called again yesterday (at the 16 week mark now?) and she tried something her supervisor told her to do (I wasn't getting my hopes up at this point, and she said if it works I'll see in 24 hours...guess what). According to her there's no way for her to manually push the points, so I'm starting to think I'm SOL. Never renting from Alamo again if they can't figure this out. Freaking ridiculous.

Update -- got it sorted out by emailing [email protected]

Last edited by djski; Nov 3, 2012 at 2:46 pm
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
I had some points post, from an Alamo rental in early September, yesterday. THat's pretty good!

My points from the spring eventually got posted, manually, by CC.

Hopefully the kinks are worked out.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by craz
ive had pts post from 2 different rentals.it does take time its not the fastest but my 2nd one was well worth the wait that is as long as AL doesnt catch it

if it doesnt post after the reg time period past just call up CS I spoke to them about a 3rd rental (turned out it was before the actual start up date so no pts) but CS was Great! and didnt b_s me about anything If you had your CC # in when you picked up the car on the contract you will get the pts, yes theres an '*' that states in order to get the pts the CC# must be in thee from get go, although when dealing with the cs I got the impression that will give it retro but they need not

also i rented using a Costco Corp ID # and coupon code and still was able to get the CC pts
+1 similar experience. I used the costco code to shave off $10 or 15.

3 rentals posted at different times.
  • 1st one -- 1 week
  • 2nd one -- 2 weeks
  • 3rd one-- Already been 6 weeks.

I'm just going to wait given the feedback in this thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.