Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu es. Rome, Italy

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2013, 3:13 pm

I stayed here last week and got upgraded to a suite..interesting room design and the room was quite big but dated and old. The suite had 2 poolside type couches where two kids can easily sleep...don't think they allow more than 2+2 in a room anyway.

The hotel is not worth 50K points/night though..but the 2nd free night from CC Visa did help and the location is ideal if you plan to take metro/bus. The area around Termini is not that scary as people make it out to be..yes, you are around a main train station and bound to see interesting characters but we walked late at night and the area was quite lively and there are tons of restaurants around.

From FCO, take the Terravision bus (only 4 euros one way) which drops you right in front of the station and a short walk to the hotel.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 9:07 am

Just booked for 10/3-10/5 redemption using Carlson Visa, received a point value of 1.1 cents per point. No problems booking, very, very easy. Standard room was 44k, add a balcony and breakfast was an additional 22k points so 66k points redeemed. I figured 22k points was worth it for 2 breakfasts for 2 people and I had the miles to burn.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 4:55 pm

Can anyone who stayed recently at this hotel provide a review. I'm considering staying here next year but I read the location doesn't seem to be great. Any advice if this is a good place to stay if I just want to sightsee (Colosseum, Vatican city etc)?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 8:31 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ome_Lazio.html
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by vniceguy
Can anyone who stayed recently at this hotel provide a review. I'm considering staying here next year but I read the location doesn't seem to be great. Any advice if this is a good place to stay if I just want to sightsee (Colosseum, Vatican city etc)?
Location is great in such that it is right across from Termini (where you can take metro/train/guided tours/taxis)

Can walk to Colosseum but might have to take a bus/metro to Vatican.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 4:25 pm

I was thinking of staying here for a few days next summer precisely because it's close to the Termini station- I'll be able to catch a train to Florence or other parts of Italy.

Problem is, there are 3 adults in my party. I don't mind booking something larger than a junior suite, but from all the pictures that I've seen, even the suites only have 2 twin beds. Is it possible to request a cot? Kind of odd that the suite is listed as having a 3-person occupancy with no 3rd bed to be seen.

Has anyone stayed in a suite and can comment?
Old Sep 21, 2013, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
I was thinking of staying here for a few days next summer precisely because it's close to the Termini station- I'll be able to catch a train to Florence or other parts of Italy.

Problem is, there are 3 adults in my party. I don't mind booking something larger than a junior suite, but from all the pictures that I've seen, even the suites only have 2 twin beds. Is it possible to request a cot? Kind of odd that the suite is listed as having a 3-person occupancy with no 3rd bed to be seen.

Has anyone stayed in a suite and can comment?

Yes, we took trains to Florence and other places from Termini and it was quite convenient. Just enter from the side entrance (by the hotel) and walk inside the building to the track rather than walking outside to get to the main entrance.

I think you can request an extra cot (contact the hotel beforehand)

I was upgraded to a corner suite and there were two couches (pool style chairs design) where one could sleep.... (the hotel site has a pic of those couches (although we had bigger couches in our room) in the junior suite section)
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by tsmith12
Yes, we took trains to Florence and other places from Termini and it was quite convenient. Just enter from the side entrance (by the hotel) and walk inside the building to the track rather than walking outside to get to the main entrance.

I think you can request an extra cot (contact the hotel beforehand)

I was upgraded to a corner suite and there were two couches (pool style chairs design) where one could sleep.... (the hotel site has a pic of those couches (although we had bigger couches in our room) in the junior suite section)
Thanks tsmith12!

Yes, I saw the pictures of the curved couches in the room, but they looked more comfortable for lounging than for sleeping.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 3:12 pm

Finishing up my stay as I write.

Location - good we walked to Ancient Rome twice, although its a good 20 min walk. I dont recommend if you are doing a group tour, you'll be walking lots. Cab rides are $10-13 euro's to Vatican/ancient Rome. Ez walk from train station.

Room- upgraded to a suite - huge by my European standards (gold from cc) very modern. Very very modern. Not for everyone.

Restaurant - good but bfast was early for us and very dark. Couldn't see our food dark.

Service - it is a chain/what was expected.

Good use of points 1.2ish cents per point if memory is correct. Would definitely come back.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:03 pm

I'm still debating whether to stay here. Reading some of the recent tripadvisor reviews which say that guests are harassed by youths, open drug dealing occurs outside the hotel, noise from railway.

Is it really as dire as the reviews suggest?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 2:13 am

I'm still debating whether to stay here. Reading some of the recent tripadvisor reviews which say that guests are harassed by youths, open drug dealing occurs outside the hotel, noise from railway.

Didn't experience any of the things you mentioned. Walked back to the hotel at 1 am with family and while there were some folks drunk and kinda wasted sitting on the sidewalks, no one said a word or bothered us. Didn't see any drug dealing going on although given the area, it wouldn't surprise me if it was happening. Railway noise was zero in our room-to be on the safe side, you can request the room facing away from the tracks.

This is one of the main train stations in Italy and the hotel is right next to it. So obviously you are bound to see traffic and people from all walks of life. And as I had mentioned earlier, to minimize exposure to external elements, you can walk inside the station all the way to the side exit door that faces the hotel. The walk from that exit door to the hotel is barely few steps.

Do watch out for your stuff in Termini though-there are a lot of undesirable characters walking around the station.

Not sure where you're from, but the station and the area in general is similar to what you would experience at a major city like say Grand Central in NYC or Downtown LA. As long as you mind your own business, you'll be okay. And a saving grace is there are always people around so you won't be isolated and alone while walking back to the hotel.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 5:17 am

No. We walked a lot. What you describe is all the Rome I was in. It's not anywhere near as bad as US inner city. One thing Rome is worse with is graffiti. It's everywhere.

I'd return to that Radisson anytime - and I stay in Four Seasons hotel 2 weeks a year to tell you the kind of travel I do.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 11:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Thinking of staying here in March. Is it worth 80Euros for room and breakfast?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
I stayed there in July this year. Comments above are very accurate.
Request room not facing train station - it is noisy at night with the trains.
Rooms are very 'retro-modern' and a bit weird. Also worn out furnishings.
Food in the rooftop restaurant was good, but pricey at E20 for a light lunch and E40-50 for dinner.
Service varied from good to great.
I took a cab to coliseum and Vatican to save my legs for the walking tours. Easy to take return bus - all (ok most) buses lead to termini station and are listed as such.
Then hike from the north end of termini station to the south end, where the Radisson is located.

For E80 including breakfast, is a good value. I used 44k points for 2 nites (with CC visa)
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Thanks, MSPPete. I'll probably do it since it is close to the train station, less hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.