Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Luxembourg: Park Inn by Radisson Luxembourg City

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.

Does anyone have a review or anything good or bad to say about Park Inn by Radisson Luxembourg City?
Many thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:11 am

I stayed there several times.
It is a pretty new/renovated bulding next to the central station which is not the best part of the city but has some nice restaurants around.

The rooms are nearly all the same except the color (red, blue and green are available) The ones facing the courtyard are quieter but you hear, as everywhere in Luxembourg the CargoLux planes until 11pm.

Rooms have a decent size and good shower. I really liked the big beds, but insist on a kingsize because the two double shift.

You can also check the reviews at tripadvisor
Old Apr 9, 2013, 8:07 am

Can anyone provide any comments on a stay at this property since April 2012?

Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
Any recent information on this property?.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Stay May 2015

Yes, P&C Stay in May, as Gold upgraded to Premier Room (new Park Inn design, modern but nice), and invited to Full Breakfast in lieu of Welcome Gift (an excellent breakfast - easily beating what the Doubletree LUX chose to serve the morning before). Friendly staff, easy parking in car park directly attached to hotel. Was happy with this choice.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:28 am
v70

I second that: We had 2 stays here recently and both were excellent: Upgraded to better room and free breakfast due to CC Gold. The city center is easily reachable by foot in 10 mins, the rooms are modern and the car park is safe and not too expensive.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:09 pm

Excellent, thank you both for that information. Trip Advisor info was not reassuring on too many properties in Luxembourg and I was hesitant to book the DT due to location. It's certainly a benefit if they are giving golds breakfast.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:15 am
v70

Toula: On the back of the hotel when you drive to the car park garage, there is a small red light district. I was not too bothered and did not have any noise or other problems because of it. The front entrance is on a shopping street above the Saturn and is nice and safe. The second time I parked my car there for free there because it was bank holiday: while checking in they did not have any superior rooms available and even offered to compensate me with free parking in the car park.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:59 am

We will be travelling by train from Frankfurt so will not have to worry about car parking but thanks for that trip. Good to see so many people have had good experiences with this property.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by v70
Toula: On the back of the hotel when you drive to the car park garage, there is a small red light district. I was not too bothered and did not have any noise or other problems because of it. The front entrance is on a shopping street above the Saturn and is nice and safe.
Hadn't even noticed this!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:21 am
v70

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
Hadn't even noticed this!
Bummer! Maybe next time Treppenlaeufer.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 12/30-31

Location: A little bit far away from the main sights in Luxembourg, but very near to the train station. Getting to LUX and back is easy, the number 29 bus picks up two blocks away and it's a 2 Euro ride. A cab is a staggering 39 Euros despite the airport being only 7 kM away. The area around the hotel isn't the best, but there are a lot of shops, bars and fast food places. The main parts of Luxembourg are an easy kilometer walk away.

Hotel: Somewhat of a strange design. The lobby is on the 2nd floor, the same level as a parking garage. However, to get to the street you take a separate elevator down. Between the ground floor and the hotel is a large box store. Around the lobby is a small bar and restaurant.

Check In: Took a while because the agent on duty tried really hard to pitch both the person in front of me and then me on adding breakfast. He was saying it's usually 20 Euros but he would do it for us for 12 Euros or if we wanted to eat early there was a grab and go one for 8.

Room: I was fairly impressed by the room despite the minimalist feel. There was a lot of space, more than I'd had at other "better" hotels on this trip" and the bed was very comfortable. However, being only on the 3rd floor combined with the lack of soundproofing meant some horrible noise issues from the street. Also, I do not like pumps in the shower of "soap and shampoo liquid".

My rate was 89 Euros which combined with the good location for touring made this a good choice for a hotel. I'd be back.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Toula
Excellent, thank you both for that information. Trip Advisor info was not reassuring on too many properties in Luxembourg and I was hesitant to book the DT due to location. It's certainly a benefit if they are giving golds breakfast.
I'm a gold member and stayed in Jan 2017. No breakfast, my welcome amenity was a bottle of water and a jar of nuts or something like that.

I did not care for this hotel, the beds were extremely hard, even for European standards. Both my husband and I had trouble sleeping. The hotel just seemed to be lacking. No fridge in the room and no way to get ice, even from the front desk. No hotel restaurant. Also, the neighborhood was questionable.

I guess considering the extreme lack of options in Luxembourg, it has to be considered, but I would not want to stay here again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.