Wiki Posts
Search

New Triple Points Promo Jan. 10 - March 16

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
New Triple Points Promo Jan. 10 - March 16

This promo was mentioned in the Promotions thread by geeprice but I think it deserves it's own thread because it really is another great promo from Carlson for the first couple of months of 2012. Again....credit on finding this goes to geeprice and here is his/her original post in the Promotions thread:

Originally Posted by geeprice
Looks like there is a new Club Carlson promotion starting as of tomorrow, just got a sticker for it checking in this afternoon:

Triple Points.
Faster Nights.
Now earn Triple Gold Points Wordwide
Jan 10- Mar 16, 2012 Register and learn more at Clubcarlson.com/triplepoints

The URL is not live yet so no exact details on the Promo terms.
Here's the live link:

https://www.clubcarlson.com/secure/o...l=triplepoints
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Thanks, already signed up. ^

Are there any other current promotions I should know about? In the next months, it looks like I will be staying at Radisson Blu properties at least three nights per week and I am relatively new to the Carlson Club / Radisson. (I already did the XING silver promo)
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
70 points per dollar (for a Gold member) plus the 2K online booking bonus can really add up. Too bad I just had a stay this past weekend. I hope this will work on Cash&Points stays as well. On a 1-night, 5K+cash rate you can basically get those 5K points back (with the online booking bonus), and would just be paying a reduced rate for your stay. LOVE IT!!!

Last edited by Fanjet; Jan 10, 2012 at 2:57 pm
Old Jan 10, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks for this. As a newbie here, do Carlson normally run quarterly promo's in the same way HH/PC do?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:14 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for posting !
Old Jan 10, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by moore1984
Thanks for this. As a newbie here, do Carlson normally run quarterly promo's in the same way HH/PC do?
Lately Carlson has been having two promos running at the same time. And their promos have been more often than quarterly. Just scroll back thru this forum and you will see.
For example the 9000 point promo is still going even as this promo is announced:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...00-points.html
Old Jan 10, 2012, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moore1984
Actually, the only promos that PC runs quarterly are the "lightly targeted" Stay X, Get Y kinds of promos.

The "public" promos at PC (like the Double Points or Double Miles starting up soon) tend to be only three a year, not four a year, and thus not really "quarterly".

Hilton is the only hotel program that runs (and aligns) its "public" promos on a calendar quarter basis.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:14 am

Unless I'm missing it, I don't see a list of non-participating hotels anywhere. Does anyone know where I can see said list? Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
Originally Posted by TennisFan
Unless I'm missing it, I don't see a list of non-participating hotels anywhere. Does anyone know where I can see said list? Thanks.
Though the page says something about staying at particiapting hotels, I haven't seen a list.

I like triple points! ^
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:32 pm

Guys, I have a Q regarding a reservation I'm making at Country Inn & Suites on 1/17

I signed up for the triple points offer and I'm booking a room under the "double gold points package" rate. So, will I get triple points on the "double gold points package" or will they merely add double points after they credit me triple points on the regular one-night rate.

Fwiw, I'm a Gold Elite and the room is $90/night (dbl points package), $83 (regular rate) Do you know how many points I'll get after for a one-night stay? TIA
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by tsmith12
I signed up for the triple points offer and I'm booking a room under the "double gold points package" rate. So, will I get triple points on the "double gold points package" or will they merely add double points after they credit me triple points on the regular one-night rate.
The triple points offer terms and conditions says the offer is really a bonus 40 gold points per $ eligible to earn gold points. So as a Gold you would get 90 points per $ for your stay plus the 2,000 point booking bonus.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:46 am

Hi

As a "newbie" to Club Carlson...

Can I earn the triple points for a 1 night stay for 6 rooms that I'm booking (and paying)?
Can I earn those points if I'm booking through Expedia?

Many thanks
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by ehud
Hi

As a "newbie" to Club Carlson...

Can I earn the triple points for a 1 night stay for 6 rooms that I'm booking (and paying)?
Can I earn those points if I'm booking through Expedia?

Many thanks
Yes you get all the points and as an advice it is better to transfer all others room charges to your room number and ask for just 1 Total bill.
If you book expedia usually you dont get points but some times if you are lucky you do.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Really? There is no limit to the number of rooms a Club Carlson member can earn at the same hotel in one night? I would expect 3 or 5 max.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Choice Diamond
Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER
Yes you get all the points and as an advice it is better to transfer all others room charges to your room number and ask for just 1 Total bill.
If you book expedia usually you dont get points but some times if you are lucky you do.
There is a limit of 3 rooms to get points for. Also the case for triple points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.