Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In room welcome gift

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:19 am

Country Inn & Suites, Jaipur, India

Gold- Upgraded to Business room (just bigger room/top floor) and fruit plate delivered an hour after checking in.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Newly minted gold member this year : three recent stays in three different Scandinavian Radissons, no gold welcome gift at any.

What would best advice be ? Contact each individual property, or take this up centrally with Club Carlson ?

Is there a precedent for recompense (eg points) for persistent failure to deliver the promised program benefit ?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA, IHG Platinum
I am staying at the Radisson in Largo, Md. in April. I am currently a Gold member, what kind of upgrade might I expect, room, room gift, free breakfast? If anyone has stayed there and had upgrades, let me know could you please.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Newly minted gold member this year : three recent stays in three different Scandinavian Radissons, no gold welcome gift at any.

What would best advice be ? Contact each individual property, or take this up centrally with Club Carlson ?

Is there a precedent for recompense (eg points) for persistent failure to deliver the promised program benefit ?
I had the same problem when I first became Gold. My old status was still included in the booking, so the hotel could not know that I was Gold. I emailed them afterwards and received an apology email, nothing more. As the welcome gifts are not that great, I saw no point to push things further.

With that being said, I have always received a welcome gift and upgrade ever since (including stays in Scandinavia). You might want to confirm your status before your next stay and see if things change for the better.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, RR Platinum, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer

As someone else has alluded to; don't assume that your records are up to date on the hotel system. It can take some time for your status to filter through. If you have a CC card (or mobile app) then show it on arrival, if they haven't already acknowledged your status in advance then no harm in asking if there are status upgrades available.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Radisson Blu EU hotel Brussels - as Club Carlson Gold - packet of quite nice looking biscuits, and 2 bottles of water. (And possibly an upgrade? Not certain. No free breakfast though)

We figured (being British) that the biscuits would go nicely with a cup of tea, only to discover that there's no-where anywhere near the kettle to plug it in! Kettle has now been moved to a plug socket near the door...
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
This seems to be a hit and miss. Lately I have got no in-room gift as CC Gold during my last stays, but consistent upgrades. I think if I am happy with the room, I don't bother to complain about the gift which I don't value much after all.
A nice gesture though whenever it happens.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH Silver, IHG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Country Inn & Suites, Williamsburg Historic Area

Gold...received gift bag of 2 waters, 2 packs of cookies, small bag of pretzel thins, and a tourist magazine of coupons and menus. Handwritten note of welcome with name and room number.

Last edited by butta1898; Feb 4, 2015 at 11:06 am
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Radisson Nashua

Gold on paid stay. No in-room gift provided - I inquired at the desk multiple times through the course of my stay. Each time I was told that they would bring something up, but no amenity ever showed. No room upgrade either, for what it is worth.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
No inroom gift past two stays. No big deal.
This is perhaps the most inconsistent benefit of CC, but then, I was just browsing the "Elite benefit brochure" and I see that the welcome gift is not listed there anymore as Gold benefit, only at Concierge level! However, when I go to CC webpages and browse the elite benefits overview, the welcome gift is ticked for Gold & Concierge in the table there. What an inconsistency indeed
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:18 am

Country Inn & Suites, Chicago O'Hare Northwest

Gold, was upgraded to a King Suite (which had a microwave/fridge, and sitting area).

Welcome gift was a bag in-room with a 0.5L bottle of water, apple, single serve pack of Pringles, and a single Nature Valley granola bar.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by a330300

Gold, was upgraded to a King Suite (which had a microwave/fridge, and sitting area).

Welcome gift was a bag in-room with a 0.5L bottle of water, apple, single serve pack of Pringles, and a single Nature Valley granola bar.
Pretty much my experience at ALL CIS being a concierge.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:29 am

Has the in room gift for golds gone away? I got my CC credit card renewal packet in the mail the other day. On the Club Carlson packet it had a page for each elite level with bullet points of benefits. On the Gold page there is no mention of the in room gift, it was just on the Concierge page. I wish I would have saved the mailer, but its in the trash now.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
It seems highly variable by the property. Last month, I stayed at a Radisson Blue, there was a letter with my name on it along with a heart-shaped hors d'oeuvres waiting for me. It was Valentine of course. I have also received free upgrades and other small gifts (i.e. bowl of fruit, etc) in the past.
I have stayed at other properties and the person in charge at the front desk had no clue what I was talking about or what benefits Gold status entailed.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Radisson Blu Dubai Deira Creek - three small powdery candies?? and 2 bottles of water served daily.

Radisson Blu Abu Dhabi - Nothing, then stopped by front desk to ask, sent bottle of wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.