Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In room welcome gift

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1P / *A Gold, SPG Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Amtrak S+
At the Hotel Sask in Regina, Canada you get chocolate covered strawberries and fudge with almonds in it. Success rate of receiving welcome gift has been about 50%. Bottle waters are already complimentary
Old Sep 26, 2011, 4:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by Novagal
At the Hotel Sask in Regina, Canada you get chocolate covered strawberries and fudge with almonds in it. Success rate of receiving welcome gift has been about 50%. Bottle waters are already complimentary
To validate the 50% ratio on welcome gifts, we just stayed there on the Labour Day long weekend and received no welcome gift.

We did, however, get upgraded to the Premier's suite (large bedroom with sitting area, living room, dining room, three bathrooms and three separate entrances). I think I'll get over not having received any strawberries...
Old Oct 16, 2011, 6:01 pm

The brochure from Club Carlson clearly states in room welcome gift as a benefit for Gold and above, so I do expect it. At the Radisson Blu Warsaw a few months ago, there was no welcome gift and when I asked at the front desk and showed them the page, they just shrugged. (There were many little problems at that hotel, the sullen service being one of them)

At our recent stay in China at the Radisson Blu Shanghai New World, again no welcome gift. When I asked at the desk, after much discussion in Chinese, they reluctantly said they would send up a fruit plate. Any other possibilities? No, just a fruit plate. Although I was rather tired of fruit plates by my last day in China, I took it anyway. (Looked nice, mostly unripe or strange-tasting...)
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Welcome gifts are completely hit and miss. Depends on the hotel. Most of my stays are in Radisson Scandinavia in CPH, and there's something for me in the room 75% of the time. Stayed at Radisson Blu Seaside in Helsinki and got nothing, I am now in Radisson Blu Royal Garden in Trondheim, and got equally nothing. Not even a functioning television...

And no, no upgrades or anything of that sort. Only Radisson Blu Plaza in Oslo has given me an upgrade. Interesting to see if Radission Blu Scandinavia in Oslo gives me anything next week. And after that stay I think I'm Concierge
Old Oct 21, 2011, 2:14 am

In Scandinavia i've never had a real welcome gift, usually just a small chocobar. I've had decent success on upgrades though, 80-90% probably. Sadly, if you don't ask, you're probably not getting it.

Park Plazas have however treated me very well. In both Berlin and London i got an automatic upgrade to a junior suite together with a bottle of wine and fruit plate, both replenished daily.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 2:31 am

Programs: Carlson Club Concierge, BAEC Gold, LH M&M *S, Marco Polo Gold
At Park Inn Muscat (Oman) I got a bowl of fruit and a few drinks at a reception hosted by the General Manager.
A bottle of water is left in the room for everyone because of the climate.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:59 am

In Radisson BLU Antwerp Park Lane, I got a plate of fruit and chocolates. Since I'm a regular customer with gold status, they upgraded my room twice. One time even to a penthouse suite. The staff off this hotel is the best I've had.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: SK EBG
At least 90% upgrade success in Europe, Rome being the worst with no upgrade or welcome gift.

Welcome gifts are about a 75% hit rate:
Fruit plate: Rblu and ParkInn @ OSL, SkyCity @ ARN (also water)
"Energy bars" and water @ RBlu Waterfront Stockholm
Fazer and free drink voucher @ Rblu Royal Helsinki (plus suite upgrade)
Old Oct 30, 2011, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by TOS_EBG
Fazer and free drink voucher @ Rblu Royal Helsinki (plus suite upgrade)
Was this during the NordicDO?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Never expect anything, and you will never be disappointed. Case in point:

I stayed last week at the Park Inn Dresden. Now my previous stay there, I recieved a great fruit basket accopmanied with a small bottle of mineral water. So what did I get there last week? Another great fruit basket. In fact, it was probably the best fruit basket I've ever received (although packed in too small of a basket IMO). It had a banana, a pear, both red and green grapes (the big kind with seeds), an apple, a plum, a tangerine, and a kiwi. And to top it off, they put a couple of physalis fruit, and some strands of Johannisbeere (ribisil). Now, when I stayed at the Radisson Wroclaw this past weekend, what was in my room waiting for me? Just a few small bottles of mineral water. Which I believe is the noraml practice for their hotels in Poland, regardless of status.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Radisson Nashville: Cheese & fruit plate and beverages.

Last edited by bmw303; Nov 21, 2011 at 5:17 am
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by NewArrival
Depends on the hotel, yes..
thatīs it !

for about five years I have 5/6 two-day-stays per year at the Park Inn Weimar.

booked standard room on 2for1 rate as a gold-elite member and in 90% of my stays I got the business-room (at PI Weimar you not have to pay mini-bar whenyou stay at business room - but there are no snacks in the freeze and only 1 bottle of every typ: coce, wate, beer). also in 90% of my stays there is a fruitplate or/even a small bottle of sparkling wine 0,2l.

sometimes there is nothing, no room upgrade, no fruitz, egg.

in all the other cc-hotels a have a hit and run rate of 50%.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by schauschun
thatīs it !

for about five years I have 5/6 two-day-stays per year at the Park Inn Weimar.

booked standard room on 2for1 rate as a gold-elite member and in 90% of my stays I got the business-room (at PI Weimar you not have to pay mini-bar whenyou stay at business room - but there are no snacks in the freeze and only 1 bottle of every typ: coce, wate, beer). also in 90% of my stays there is a fruitplate or/even a small bottle of sparkling wine 0,2l.

sometimes there is nothing, no room upgrade, no fruitz, egg.

in all the other cc-hotels I stayed until now I have a hit and run rate of 50%.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:17 am
Original Poster

I would encourage people who do not receive a welcome gift, to gently remind the hotel that you are due one. That is what I had to do at a Radisson, but the minute I mentioned it, the front desk said, "of course - we'll send it right up". And they did.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Radisson Toronto East

Had a very bad experience at the Radisson Toronto East on my first experience as Gold.

Was not upgraded automatically (had to ask) and received what im assuming was a slightly better (but still crummy) room.

The welcome gift was a card addressed to someone else, a package of almonds (very stale and chewy), a box of Lindors (an inedible mess).

When I complained, the duty manager said there was nothing they could do about it. However, only after I'd gone out to eat did they turn around and offer me dinner in the restaurant - which I declined.

This hotel is very out of date and not very clean - like most Radissons appear to be these days IMO. I've stayed at Ramadas and Best Westerns that have been waaaaaaaaay better.

Got 10K points after all this because of the issues I faced with cleanliness and the welcome amenity.

Thankfully I had only paid $61 for the room (thanks to a BRG I managed to snag) and it was when they were offering the 50K points for 1 stay promo, or else I would have demanded the room be comped - especially due to the serious cleanliness issues.

Let's see how the Radisson Suites Toronto Airport fares tomorrow...with a $41 BRG and the 1 stay get a free night voucher promo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.