Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any idea on how to find out my corporte rate at Club Carlson?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Melia Silver

I am working for a big4 company and we have pretty good corporate rates with Radisson hotels. Unfortunately, I can book them only over my corporate booking engine, which can be used solely for business trips.

Is there any chance to figure out the code for my corporate rate, so I can do booking online over the Club Carlson site for my leisure trips? Does anyone here have any decent corporate rate (a PM would be extremely appreciated)?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 6:09 am

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
The best way is to just call them and ask for your company's rate.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by bumburuck
I am working for a big4 company and we have pretty good corporate rates with Radisson hotels. Unfortunately, I can book them only over my corporate booking engine, which can be used solely for business trips.

Is there any chance to figure out the code for my corporate rate, so I can do booking online over the Club Carlson site for my leisure trips? Does anyone here have any decent corporate rate (a PM would be extremely appreciated)?
Sounds to me as though this is not a standard corporate discount, but rather a contracted rate with special limitations (the first of which is that it can be booked only through a specified TA -- your company's travel booking engine).

I would be extremely careful about going around the system because 'exceptions' are generally reported back to the company which contracted.

Don't know how tough your company is on following the rules, but this can lead to severe employment consequences.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
I'd say it can't hurt to politely ask somebody in your corporate travel management team if there are any options that they could give you the rate code.

The reason that german companies very often do restrict the company rates to business trips are for tax issues. Making the company negotiated rate available for private trips would actually make all private trips fall under a special tax rule called "Geldwerter Vorteil". That effectively means that all private trips booked under a special corporate rate that exceed a certain value would need to be declared by the company and additional taxes would need to be payed - excuse me if I'm explaining it wrong - it's *fortunately* not my field of interst :-). Terrible administrational workload that nobody wants to bother with so the rates are often restricted to business trips only.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: FB Plat, EB Gold, TK*G Elite, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge
Originally Posted by Often1
I would be extremely careful about going around the system
Plus 1 on that, not meant as a "morale lecture" - but more a heads up to a possibly overseen consequence of going around the system.. Rather spend your money on a publicily avaliable rate than risking it.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
You could certainly ask your travel agency if the rate was available for private use. Sometimes a company will give that as a "perk". If they say yes, I would want that policy in writing / email to cover any future questions.

For instance my sister works for a state government agency which receives a small discount on rental cars. She is eligible to use the discount on personal rentals for her private use, but she cannot use the discount to book rentals for other people, e.g. me.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bumburuck

Enter it on the reservations page in the corporate account ID field down the page. Here : http://www.clubcarlson.com/reservati...Reservation.do
Old Jul 28, 2011, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by serkan
Enter it on the reservations page in the corporate account ID field down the page. Here : http://www.clubcarlson.com/reservati...Reservation.do
Looks like he wants to know the code rather than how to enter it.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:03 am

Programs: Club Carlson - Silver Elite, Hhonors Gold
Whats the Company you Work for

I have access to most of the Company Codes for CC
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by the_is
PricewaterhouseCoopers or PwC
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:11 am

wp1043
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much!
Old Sep 3, 2011, 3:35 am

Can you help?

How about Intel Corporation? Many thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2011, 11:50 pm

Intel Corporation - 41943
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:38 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
how about Microsoft?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.